Sugar Land – United States
The HSE Specialist is responsible for supporting local management in establishing and continously improving Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) culture within the worksite.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Develop manager’s awareness and ensure HSE policies and standars are an integral part of line management responsibilities and objectives.
- Assist line management with: understanding and implementing the HSE Management System; monitoring HSE objectives; liasing with local contractors and agencies regarding HSE; assesing local risks; generating local HSE procedures, work instructions and checklists; preparing and monitoring HSE plans that define how the HSE Management System is implemented at the location level; monitoring compliance to policies, stsandars and procedures; compliance audits and self-audits.
- Avise management on corrective actions required.
- Coordinate and participate in screening and HSE training of personnel, including contractors.
- Keep abreast of new documentation and training material related to HSE and inform management accordingly.
- Ensure that HSE documentation is updated and available onsite.
- Advise management on the level local HSE compliance with Schlumberger, local and host country regulations.
- Monitor and follow up on HSE reports and facilitate LPT meetings and HSE audits.
- Support line management in investigations of failures and accidents.
- Maintain a high level of HSE awareness among personnel trough communication, training and promoting involvement in HSE programs.
- Recommend improvementes to the HSE program.
- Review QUEST to ensure that logged data is orrect and up tio date
- Analyse HSE trends for the location.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree (preferred) or diploma in HSE.
- Minimum 2 years field HSE experience.
- CRSP holder.
- Skills & habilities required for the position:
- Leadership and teamwork
- Listening and interpersonal skills
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US, without sponsorship.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
To apply for this job please visit careers.slb.com.