JOB TITLE: HSSE Advisor
Where you fit
The role requires a deep understanding of Process Safety functional expertise, a good oversight on the broad HSSE agenda for Shell Technology Center Bangalore to support Technology function to deliver safer technology supporting powering progress, an enterprise first drive towards Goal Zero, collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders and business partnering, with the key focus on:
- Providing leadership to the process safety management at site for various scale of experiments, and internal/external pilot plants while adopting a pragmatic approach to manage the HSSE risk and support business in demonstrating ALARP.
- Driving the implementation of the Hazards & Effects Management Process and consistent RAM application and ALARP Demonstration.
- Driving Process Safety Fundamentals in technology and lab experimental space.
- Lead risk assessment studies of new innovative technologies so that process safety inputs can be provided.
- Ownership of site HSSE MS “Managing Risk” process and ownership of Site “Hazards and Effects Register”, including the required templates for risk assessments that various Line of Businesses follow. Align the approaches for risk management with other technology centres.
- Engaging the contractors and front-line staffs through toolbox talks, trainings and sharing learnings.
- Leading investigations and Learners Story publications as appropriate from incident investigations of significance and sharing across other Technology Centres specifically related to Process Safety.
- Input to the annual HSE Management Review on Process Safety.
What’s the role?
Your accountabilities are:
- The candidate must be able to work with different stakeholders who execute the actions in the field to perform the process safety review and demonstrate ALARP.
- Candidate needs to understand the customer’s need and provide risk-based solution without compromising HSSE standards keeping Goal Zero.
- The candidate shall demonstrate ‘one team’ mindset while working with multiple stakeholders.
- The candidate must be able to provide support to more senior persons in the organization in a constructive and productive manner and be able to coach junior team colleagues.
- Candidate will be reporting to the STCB HSSE Manager.
Your further accountabilities include:
Knowledge level in “Risk Management” with knowledge/experience of:
- Demonstration and Documentation of ALARP
- Conducting HAZID Exercise and Carrying out HEMP
- Process Safety Fundamentals
- Process Safety Reviews (HAZOP, DSR etc.)
- Pre-Start-up Safety reviews (PSSR)
- Identification & implementation of critical equipment and critical activities
- Process safety incident investigation, assessment, and categorization
- Change management from Process Safety perspective
Knowledge level in “Safeguarding” with demonstrated knowledge/experience in:
- Relief scenarios identification, relief load calculation assumptions, and flare system design
- Safeguarding- hardware design, blowdowns, drains
- Hazardous area classification
- Lock Out Tag Out
Knowledge level in: “Technical Safety Fundamentals” with exposure to design requirements and compliance elements, operational safety, review of design documents and management of changes, QRA, FRED.
- Business Partnering – Knowledge
- Change Management – Knowledge
- Intervention and Facilitation – Knowledge
- Team Player and Collaboration- Skilled
What we need from you
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering with minimum 10 years of experience and at least 5 years’ experience in Technical/ process safety / process engineering.
- Strong background and field experience in an operating asset is preferred.
- Effective communication, presentation, influencing and business writing skills
- Coaching skills to effectively support junior team members
- Proactive attitude, Solution driven and ‘can do’ mentality
- Collaborative approach, and ability to influence without authority
To apply for this job please visit jobs.shell.com.
Be the first to comment