Loaction: Port Harcourt
Deadline: 25th December 2023
• A strong university degree in security management or any other discipline.
• A Master’s degree or higher educational qualifications will be an advantage.
Start Date: 1st January 2024
• Experience working in an oil and gas company is desirable (with 5 – 7 years of relevant work experience preferably in a security services environment).
• Strong understanding of security risk management principles and practice (security threat assessment, security risk assessment, information security risks, security risk mitigation, etc).
• A retired military, police, law enforcement or security officer (of the rank of an Army Captain or its equivalent) (as a minimum) will be acceptable.
• Very strong written, analytical, and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to organize and present accurate information in a logical sequence: using graphs, charts, tables, and other illustrative devices will stand out any candidate.
• Ability to handle and exploit information sources is an asset.
• Ability to work within or lead a multi-talented team.
• Ability to interface seamlessly with GSA.
• Team building spirit.
• Discipline and winning spirit.
• Display “real self” and willing to speak difficult truths.
• Consistently demonstrates values and
• Aligns team targets to business goals.
• Visibly intervenes to manage safety and compliance risks.
• Champions change and overcomes resistance.
• Harnesses the creativity of others to generate new approaches.
• Makes timely decisions under ambiguity.
• Establishes trust-based relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Collaborates openly with other parts of the organization.
• Embraces the advantages of diversity.
• Delivers difficult messages upward excellently.
• Sets stretching goals and gains commitment to deliver specific outcomes.
• Empowers the team to act and to speak their mind.
• Structures work allocation to provide development opportunities.
• Ruthlessly eliminates complexity and waste.
• Possession of internationally recognized security certification such as: Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP), Professional Certified Investigator (PCI) is desirable.
• Proficiency in the use of SAP will be an advantage.
The role is responsible for the implementation of pipelines security operations activities in any of SPDCs pipelines. The incumbent will hold direct responsibility for protecting the entire stretch of the pipeline he is assigned to protect.
The Pipelines Security Supervisor will report directly to the Asset Security Advisor.
The incumbent will also be expected to implement security operations and protection measures for all personnel (staff and contractors), Delivery Lines, Trunklines, Manifolds and Risers on his assigned pipeline.
He/She will supervise a team of some 25 or more GSAs). He/she will oversee the deployment of these GSAs in support of Pipelines Security operations.
The incumbent will also implement contents of the approved Facility Security Plan for his facility and ensure all Shell Group LOD 1 protocol are observed to provide assurance of measures put in place for securing all Pipelines (TEP) assets.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• Identify and assess security threats and risk to the pipelines
• Ensure appropriate security risk mitigation measures are in place along the pipelines
• Manage/support Shell’s response to security related incidents along the pipelines
• Ensure SI Memos are prepared and approved before any GSA deployment.
• Ensure POs are prepared and issued before any vendor activity.
• Ensure timely and accurate compilation of Time Sheets to reflect actual services rendered by vendors/GSAs.
• Ensure Service Entries are prepared and issued to vendors.
• Ensure timely processing of invoices for payments for services rendered by security vendors.
• Conduct VPSHR briefing and documentation within pipelines security team.
• Responsible for managing externally contracted service providers; interface with providers; invoice processing and deliverables follow up.
• Effectively manage pipelines security office; ensuring compliance with all administrative/HSSE/office requirements; drive compliance with HSSE standards by colleagues, visitors, and contractors.
• Exhibit excellent management skills that will guarantee ability to work successfully in a multicultural environment with people from diverse backgrounds.
An ability to prioritize from several potentially conflicting tasks, whilst keeping a cool head is essential to success in dealing with internal and external customers.
A key criterion is to be able to operate within a non-standard environment where the counterparty requires and expects support and at the same time and be able to introduce standardization and efficiency.
A good level of fluency in the English language, both written and spoken is required.
Work Schedule: 5 / 2
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org