Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs, planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: HSSE Technical Assistant
Scope of Responsibilities
• Providing a day to day HSSE service that is effective and suitable to support objectives
• Providing regular, reliable data for the purposes of monitoring HSSE performance
• Identifying and promoting opportunities for HSSE performance improvement
• Ensuring HSSE requirements are widely and consistently understood and implemented
• Provide safety advise and assistance on O&M activities including inspection and maintenance of safety and emergency response equipment/tackles
• Responsible for driving continuous improvement in HSE standards to build a proactive safety culture within the operations and maintenance team
• Responsible for team compliance with Control of work standards and procedures
• Strong HSE awareness and responsible for team compliance with Petrofac life-saving rules
• Certified and experience to operate in high H2S environment
• Responsible to ensure all documents and signatories for effective PTW. Perform the system checks and audit. Responsibility for PTW Register.
• Have a full awareness of the Company Code of Conduct and Business Ethics
• Coordinate Internal and Client audit requests, facilitate audit procedures of PTW system.
• Interface and regularly meet with client, conduct internal staff meetings, ensure the progress of project in accordance to schedule.
• Working knowledge of commissioning, operations and maintenance activities for oil and gas facilities.
• Compile / distribute comprehensive reports as necessary.
• Participate in task based risk assessment.
• Report and assist in the investigation of accidents and incidents and provide all necessary assistance to investigating officer.
• Perform in Emergency Response role as defined in Company’s Emergency Response Manual
• Perform related duties as and when directed by Direct Supervisor.
• Provide advise and assistance on O&M activities on HSSE aspects.
• Oversee day to day HSSE activities in accordance with designated areas of responsibility.
• Assistance in the implementation of HSSE component/ procedures.
• Application of hazard identification and risk assessment processes in designated areas of responsibility and implementation of appropriate control measures to reduce the risks to ALARP.
• Monitor & Participate in review of the effectiveness of hazard controls/mitigations.
• Participate in the HSSE lessons learned forum within designated areas of responsibility and communicating more widely where appropriate.
• Provide input to the HSSE component of Action tracking system through Petrofac PAI, SAO, RADAR, Inspection & Audits etc.
• Ensure HSSE requirements are communicated to all relevant personnel in designated areas of responsibility and verify compliance by all appropriate means (meetings, inspections, trainings, monitoring, and audits).
• Inspection and maintenance assistance on safety and emergency response equipment.
• Comply with HSSE roles in PTW system.
• Promote HSSE awareness through conducting HSSE induction, training and participating in awareness campaigns.
• Participate fully and openly in all compliance assurance audits, inspections, performance meetings, etc.
• Ensure Corporate Objectives, Policies and Procedures are implemented in designated areas of responsibility.
• Coordinate with Client HSE and sub-contractor representatives to close out the onsite HSSE related concerns.
• Follow the instruction, advice and recommendation from Reporting Officer/ Line Manager.
• Responsible in maintaining Petrofac HSSE Policies, Life Saving Rules & Standards and perform assigned tasks and duties in accordance with instructions, safety rules/procedures, regulations and codes of practice.
Minimum Job Requirement
• 5 years’ experience in Petrochemical or Oil and Gas O&M projects in an HSE role.
• Degree/Technical Diploma with recognised HSE qualification.
• Able to work with minimum of supervision.
• Good communicator and not afraid of the difficult conversation.
• Ability on inspection and maintenance assistance on safety and emergency response equipment/tools.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.