HVAC Technician-North Dakota – (
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further…we are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast-paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Canrig Drilling Technology provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to global customer base, improving the safety and efficiency and environmental footprint of operations. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding.
An intermediate level position within the Canrig Field Service Group, performing HVAC troubleshooting, repairs, preventative maintenance, and cleaning on drilling rig HVAC & system cooling equipment on operating sites. Technicians will be required to troubleshoot, maintain, inspect, disassemble/assemble a variety of HVAC units on Control Houses, Cooling Systems, and Living Quarters. Technicians will also be required to troubleshoot the electrical and controls systems powering and controlling these HVAC and cooling systems. Employees at this level are expected to work under minimal supervision to maintain these systems at optimum efficiency to reduce downtime and preserve equipment life.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work independently with minimal supervision as well as Assist higher level technicians and technicians in other competencies.
- Promote a safe and quality environment in which to work.
- Perform preventative maintenance requirements and maintain all HVAC systems as per Nabors & Canrig standards and notify customer and supervisors of required repairs/parts.
- Troubleshoot & repair all HVAC systems on Customer Drilling rigs, and capability of creating parts lists and request accurate quotes from various vendors. Including electrical power and controls.
- Create and submit complete and comprehensive reports and all other required documentation.
- Work overtime as required to meet customer drilling schedules.
- Measure and record technical data as tasks are completed, inspect documentation prior to job closure.
- Perform repairs using torque wrenches and precision measuring tools.
- Assist in trouble shooting using multi meters, amp probes, meggers and scopes.
- Extensive travel to drilling rig locations operating within the technician’s geographic regions.
- Accurately complete expense and mileage reports in a timely manner.
- Comply with and participate in company safety and quality programs.
- Maintain company issued tools and be knowledgeable and skillful in the use of these tools.
- Attend all Canrig, Nabors and Lease Operator required training classes.
MInimum qualifications / SKILLS
To perform the job successfully and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Please note that reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions. The requirements representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required are listed below:
Education and/or Experience – High school diploma or general education degree (GED), and trade/technical school diploma or 2 years related experience in any one of the following our vocations: Mechanical, Hydraulic, Drilling Systems or Electronics.
Language Skills – Must be fluent in English, and possess the following abilities: to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos, to write simple correspondence, to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Mathematical skills – Possess the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Possess the ability to compute rate, ratio and percentage.
Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computer Skills – General knowledge of word processing software and email messaging, and an all-around general knowledge of computers operations.
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
- EPA 608 Universal Certification
- Valid Driver’s License
- 3+ Year HVAC Experience
- EPA 608 Universal Certification
- Technical HVAC School Training/Certificate
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of Programs
- Basic knowledge of Oil & Gas industry
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in a problem-solving situation, uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills – Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others.
- Oral communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication – Writes technically, clearly, and informative; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedbacks; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interest; able to build moral and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and ethically; upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision making process; makes timely decisions.
- Motivation – Sets and achieves challenging goals; demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; measures self against standard of excellence.
- Planning/Organizing – Uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- 3+ years’ experience in Commercial HVAC maintenance and repair
- Ability to troubleshoot, maintain, and clean heating and cooling equipment and related equipment.
- Ability to work on and troubleshoot electrical systems powering and controlling HVAC systems
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Ability to retrofit or replace existing units with new units
- Great communication skills to improve customers operations and report any unsafe conditions.
physical requirements / working conditions
- Willing and able to live in remote company owned camps, hotels or other accommodations.
- Walking or standing for long periods of time
- Bending or stooping
- Climbing stairs and/or ladders
- Lifting up to 50lbs
- Use of hand and power tools
- Operating a vehicle
- Able to work in various outdoor environmental conditions
: United States Of America-North Dakota-Williston-(Nabors Drilling, USA) North Dakota