Hydraulic Technician Apprentice – Houston, TX
- Maintenance and inspection of engines and equipment, including generators, transmissions, hydraulic systems, gearboxes, pumps, electric motors, drivetrains, and final drives
- Installation and commissioning of engines and heavy machinery.
- Repairs, defect diagnosis, performance testing, and installation of equipment in the shop and at field operations
- Mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic troubleshooting and diagnostics
- Testing repaired equipment for proper performance
- Comply with workplace safety policies and regulation
- Performing mechanical repairs on equipment in remote field locations when required
- Taking part in a 24/7 “on call” rotation
- Maintenance of detailed and accurate reports, time sheets, work orders, and documentation
- Communicating any unsafe conditions or accidents/injuries promptly to the supervisor
- Demonstrating continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless customer service
- Other mechanical repairs, maintenance, and service work as required.
Education & Experience
High school diploma or GED
Graduated from vocational school, technical school, and/or associate/bachelor’s degree in engineering
Skills & Competencies
Able to work under pressure while maintaining strong attention to detail
Able to work independently in a busy environment
Highly flexible with work schedule and travel requirements
Experience with heavy equipment maintenance
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Strong mechanical and problem-solving abilities
Solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
Ability to communicate effectively
Basic computer navigation skills.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.precisiondrilling.com.