Nabors Industries owns and operates one of the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Job Summary: This position has responsibility for maintenance and troubleshooting of complex hydraulic systems of onshore and offshore rigs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify hydraulic quality and reliability issues to implement solutions
- Ensures the regular preventative maintenance activities for the hydraulic components of the rig are accomplished
- Repairs and tests complex hydraulic systems on the rig
- Provide technical support on systems, review and check the conformity with design requirements
- Interface with suppliers (NOV), customers and subcontractors when required
- Plans and performs work requiring a thorough knowledge of theories and principles for hydraulic systems
- Through lessons learned on projects, provides input for continuous improvement
- Assist with projects as needed
- Minimum of two years of experience within the oil and gas industry; experience in drilling opertions preferred
- Experience in large bore hydraulic cylinders; electric over hydraulic systems; skidding systems; hydraulic winches; counterbalance valves and HPU’s
- General knowledge of safety and environmental regulations/requirements
- Ability to recognize and assess risk associated with safety and environmental aspects
- Must be capable of utilizing effective time management skills and meeting project deadlines
- Ability and capability reading equipment hydraulic schematic drawing
- The knowledge and experience in maintaining and repairing hydraulic systems
- Training in NOV hydraulic control equipment trouble shooting or 2 years experience with NOV Top Drive, Knuckle Boom Crane, Catwalk Machine, V-Door Machine, PRS 8 and ST-120
: United States Of America-Louisiana-New Iberia-(Nabors Domestic Offshore) Gulf Of Mexico – Offshore
To apply for this job please visit nabors.taleo.net.