Canadian Natural has exciting new opportunities for Junior, Intermediate and Senior In-Service Inspectors to join our Horizon and Albian Oil Sands Asset Integrity teams.
We are looking for In-Service Inspectors who are seeking real career development and are able to take ownership and responsibility for their own production area. You will be responsible for implementation of a wide variety of inspection, repairs, risk assessment and corrosion management technologies dealing with a wide variety of assets for the full plant life cycle. You will be exposed to areas such as design and commissioning through to end of life and or possible refurbishment or replacement. You will be able to utilize and develop your expertise across a broad range of processes, work flows, strategies and technologies.
- Conduct external inspections of both new and in-service equipment and piping
- Perform internal inspections, pressure equipment database maintenance as well as set up management of corrosion monitoring programs for in service equipment and piping
- Monitor repair/alteration activities and provide daily inspection supports
- Assist and perform inspections of in-service equipment such as pressure vessels, boiler, fired heats, and process piping and reacting to the daily inspection needs of the Horizon Oil Sands plant
- Work with Operations, Maintenance and Process Control to identify continuous improvement opportunities for asset integrity management strategies and to drive low life cycle cost
- Participate in failure investigation and root cause analysis
- Administer and implement the Pressure Equipment Integrity Management (PEIMS) Program and asset integrity inspections
- Job location: Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out from Edmonton or Calgary
- Eligible for relocation to Calgary, Edmonton or Fort McMurray
- This is a safety sensitive position.
- Shift schedule: 7×7 (7 days on, 7 days off)
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience in Refinery, Upgrader or Bitumen Production Units
- Engineering degree or college diploma (Mechanical, welding or materials preferred)
- API 510, 570, and 653 Certifications, ABSA Boiler and Pressure Vessel Inspector (In-Service Pressure Equipment Inspector)
- For Extraction, OPP & Tailings Units in Bitumen Production CWB level 1 and/or 2, API 570, other qualifications like API 510 and 653 are considered an asset (MM&OO)
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – “Canadian Natural” – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is Ongoing. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.