Marathon Oil Corporation (Company) Internal Controls Audit group is responsible for performing operational and SOX audits, as well as developing system reviews. As a subset of the Internal Controls Audit group, the Information Systems (IS) Audit team focuses on the effectiveness of IT general controls (ITGC) within business and IT applications, technology infrastructure, and developing systems.
Audits generally cover areas of significant risk or complexity. The auditor has the potential to be exposed to all components of the Company and its management. The auditor gains an understanding of the operations, assesses the internal controls and performs tests to ensure the controls are working as intended. The auditor meets with client management to discuss concerns and works with management in developing a corrective action plan to improve controls. Auditors can work individually or in teams. Continuing education is emphasized and selected training is provided to supplement individual professional development. The ideal candidate must be proactive and engaging with an ability to work independently in completion of audits and issuing of reports.
- Works with client management to identify risk areas and controls intended to mitigate those risks.
- Planning and executing audit assignments, including development of audit procedures to verify that controls are effective and, if warranted, works with client management to identify solutions to control deficiencies.
- Communicates audit progress and any issues to Company management throughout the engagement. The auditor executes effective Communicate of audit progress throughout the engagement, conduct exit meetings to obtain management concurrence and responses, and prepare the final audit report.
- Develops and maintains professional skillsets necessary to proactively perform within audit standards and methodologies, to communicate appropriately and interact with clients and peers, and to stay abreast of emerging IS technologies and security risks. Generally, auditors work in teams of 1-3 individuals. The auditor must be able to effectively work in a team environment.
- Provides assurance and consulting services with a collaborative culture of continuous improvement that supports enhanced value and effectiveness of enterprise processes and controls
- Use, and actively promote the use of, data analytics.
- The position requires some domestic and international travel.
- IT and/or IT Audit background (minimum 2-5 years) providing a well-rounded audit, project management, and risk management skillset
- Extensive, well-rounded knowledge of the oil and gas business) and IT fundamentals, including areas such as IT Governance, Cyber Security, Change/Configuration Management, Project Management, Application Security, Business Resumption and Disaster Recovery, Computer Operations, SAP ERP, Windows and UNIX operating systems, Oracle and SQL databases, and SCADA/Distributed Control Systems (DCS).
- Ability to conduct audits involving a high degree of complexity.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to relationships at all levels, and across all business units and organizations, while maintaining an understanding of business drivers and risks
- Ability to work on/manage special projects related to various audit initiatives such as in-depth risk assessment, audit application system administration, etc.
- Advanced leadership skills with ability to mentor and develop staff auditors
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, report writing, and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Degree: Bachelor Degree
Discipline: Will consider all disciplines
Certification/License: CISA, CRISC, or CISSP preferred
Years’ Experience Required: 2-5 years
Industry Experience Required: Well-rounded knowledge of the oil and gas business preferred
Travel Required: 10-15%
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Finance and Accounting || Other Corporate Functions || || 30655 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Information Systems, Audit, ERP, Consulting, Database, Technology, Finance
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.