CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global technology and HPC leader that provides data, products, services and solutions in Earth science, data science, sensing and monitoring. Our unique portfolio supports our clients in efficiently and responsibly solving complex digital, energy transition, natural resource, environmental, and infrastructure challenges for a more sustainable future.
We harness the unique capabilities of Earth observation data to address a diverse range of challenges faced by the energy, mining, engineering, environment and defense sectors.
We are looking for talented individuals with fresh perspectives and a deep curiosity to solve challenges to join our team!
Reporting to the InSAR Projects Lead, you will be responsible for the production and delivery of InSAR results, as well as contributing to the management and coordination of commercial projects (from enquiry, through to production and delivery), ensuring they work to established procedures and quality standards. Other responsibilities include:
- Contribute to internal InSAR research and development (R&D) initiatives (e.g. algorithm development) to ensure the team functions at a high technical level and maintains its world-leader status in ground deformation mapping.
- Support with publishing results of their work through research journals, articles, international conferences and client seminars.
- Liaising with clients, contributing to team discussions and meetings, data processing, iterative processing refinement and troubleshooting, reporting, deliverables creation and quality checking, and R&D activities that form a crucial part of our culture of innovation.
On joining CGG Satellite Mapping the employee will embark on an thorough, hands-on programme of training and mentoring that will aim to develop them to a high level of proficiency as soon as possible.
From a technical perspective the employee will develop expertise in the use of GAMMA InSAR software and CGG Satellite Mapping’s proprietary processing developments and workflows, to ensure that commercial projects are delivered on time and to the highest possible quality, whilst also supporting the team in delivering an exemplary InSAR service.
As part of our innovation activities, the employee may have the opportunity to contribute to publicly funded research initiatives such as those sponsored by ESA. There will be opportunities to author peer-reviewed research papers and commercial articles, represent the company at technical conferences, and develop and get involved with client workshops/seminars.
We are a team that operate internationally, as such the successful candidate will be expected to communicate efficiently and in an appropriate manner to clients from different countries and cultural backgrounds. Where necessary you will be expected to travel to help secure and manage projects, provide training and present our work at international conferences.
The successful candidate will be educated to at least MSc level in remote sensing, geophysics, physics or mathematics (or a subject similarly applied and numerate) and have 1-5 years of commercial experience (or a PhD) in a field related to remote sensing, GIS, geotechnical engineering, or mine engineering.
Skills and Experiences
- Experience and a strong interest in working in Python, MATLAB, or a similar programming language, would be advantageous for this role
- Experience with SQL, C#, Django, git, GDAL and similar, geospatial development, or of processing other types of remote sensing data, would also be an advantage
- A number of other advantageous skills include, experience using ArcGIS, QGIS (or equivalent), time series analysis, geophysical modelling, and some experience of complementary surveying methods such as terrestrial radar, GPS, levelling, or near-surface geophysics
- Experience working with SAR or InSAR data would be highly desirable but not essential
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Portuguese (written and verbal) is desirable
Why work at CGG?
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Initial 22 days annual leave with future increases
- Company pension with generous employer contribution
- Wellbeing Unmind app – puts you in control of your mental health
- A flexible benefits platform with numerous discount schemes – gym membership, restaurants, cinema tickets, and much more!
- Regular social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programmes
We are Flexible
- Flexible Working – through our hybrid working scheme, we offer a flexible blend of home and office working
- Bank Holiday Swap – our holiday swap program allows you to change it for another day of your choice!
- Buy & Sell Holiday Programme – you can buy extra holiday, sell unused holiday or even save it up!
- Relaxed dress code policy
Learning and Development
At CGG, you will have the space to grow at the pace of your passion and explore the opportunities available to those who dare and deliver.
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs our employees to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own Learning Hub.
We Care about the Environment
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.
We see things differently. Diversity fuels our innovation, we value the unique ways in which we differ, and we are committed to equal employment opportunities for all professionals.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.