We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
- Under general supervision, acts as the lead position responsible for the job execution and overall performance for the purpose of providing on- location geological and drilling data collection and reporting to the customer.
- Responsible for company assets on location, and assures that adequate supplies and equipment are present at well site at all times.
- Offers advice on equipment capabilities.
- Gathers accurate and factual logging information (Depth, Gas Units and Composition, Rate of Penetration, Lag Time, etc).
- Interprets logging information to determine occurrence and composition of any oil and/or gas shows which occur while drilling.
- Analyses and documents according to SDL zone of interest and/or show reports.
- Provides lithological descriptions of all formations drilled and identify formation name, group, or member.
- Assembles mud logging information into mud logs and drilling database following established SDL and/or customer guidelines and procedures.
- Communicates mud logging information to customers as necessary to fulfill their requirements (morning report, show notification, engineering problems, delivery of mud logs).
- Performs any specialized tests or gathers any additional data as required by the customer.
- Gathers, assembles and assures timely delivery of sets of cuttings samples as per customer requirements.
- Maintains transmittal sheets.
- Performs safe, neat professional rig-up and tear-down when needed.
- Ensure smooth transitions at crew changes and shift changes.
- Completes training appointments as necessary to obtain safety, offshore, or other operations, or customer specific certificates in order to be able to go the designated rig site(s).
- Skills acquired through the completion of an under graduate degree in Geology and a minimum of 2 years relevant field experience and completion of on the job development activities to acquire and demonstrate full competence in the job tasks as detailed in the competency system.
- Ability to demonstrate technical aptitude to standards required.
- Must possess good communication skills, arithmetic, data entry and recording skills.
- Must have successfully passed company tests, or met task guideline requirements.
- This is a field position.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
Howemoss Crescent, Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB21 0GN, United Kingdom
Requisition Number: 182930
Experience Level: Entry-Level
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.halliburton.com.