Sustainable energy production is possible! Join our team to make it happen.
Aker Solutions located in Mobile, Alabama is seeking to add an NDE II to their local team. You must work and reside in the Mobile, Alabama area. You must have the proper certifications: SNT-TC-1A NDE level II certification on RT, VT, MT and LP
You must be able to work without work authorization assistance now or in the future.
What will you be doing?
- Conduct tests to ensure quality or detect discontinuities (defects) using NDT methods of inspection.
- Establish techniques for proper examination of objects under inspection, ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations.
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications or standards and evaluate results.
- Interpret radiographs, cathode ray tube (CRT) or digital readouts, conductivity meters and visual indicators.
- Organize and report test results.
- Perform specialized inspections.
- Assure safe usage and handling of radioactive equipment and personnel
- Interpret engineering drawings, diagrams and confer with management or engineering staff to determine quality and reliability standards
- Monitor critical equipment and instrumentation to ensure proper operation and calibration
- Evaluate problems and make initial recommendations for possible corrective action
- Exercise assigned responsibility for on-the-job training and guidance of trainees and Level I Personnel
We think you should have:
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree and 2 years of experience in an assignment comparable to that of a Level II ASNT certified inspector on at least 2 disciplines;
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant technical experience;
- Professional Accreditation / Certification: RSO, ASQ CQI and/or CQTpreferred
- Must possess and maintain SNT-TC-1A NDE level II certification on RT, VT, MT and LP
- Knowledge of quality terms, definitions, and concepts
- Understanding of types of measurement, measurement terminology and the different types of measurement scales
- Understanding of the difference between accuracy and precision and ability to select appropriate measuring tools and techniques
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing concepts and application
- Ability to identify/recognize inspection errors and initiate resolution
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and know definitions of critical, major and minor characteristics
- Ability to identify and report nonconforming material
- Knowledge of basic mathematical operations and perform measurement conversions; add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; solve for x; compute rate, ratio, and percent and to read and interpret metal rule
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations
- During the hiring process, the applicant will need to be able to pass a level II General, Specific, and practical test. (SNT-TC-1A certifications are in house certifications and cannot be transferred between companies. Complete retesting is required.)
Interested? Contact us.
Julie Watkins, Recruitment Consultant: [email protected]
Ammara Gull, Recruitment Consultant: [email protected]
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 14,000 people in more than 20 countries.
To apply for this job please visit www.akersolutions.com.