- Vacancy information
We are Seaway7, a diverse group of team players, change makers and leaders in the delivery of fixed offshore wind projects. What we do makes a difference to our planet and the future, by bringing sustainable, renewable energy to the world.
We are looking for a Senior Installation Engineer to join our team at our Aberdeen (UK) or Zoetermeer (NL) office on a permanent staff basis.
As a Senior Installation Engineer or Installation Engineer you will support project teams with the development of methods, procedures and engineering for transporting and installing offshore foundations and structures.
What you will be doing
- Perform installation engineering activities such as: rigging design, making method statements, and preparing task plans for offshore projects.
- Prepare and review Offshore Execution Procedures.
- Prepare subcontractor scopes of work and review subcontractor and client documents.
- Provide guidance to other engineers with respect to offshore installation methods.
- Plan assigned tasks and keep project team informed on progress and schedule.
- Liaise with task contributors / stakeholders and participate in project meetings.
- Resolve technical queries and recommend solutions to engineering problems.
- Ensure compliance with engineering standards and relevant codes.
What you will bring to the team
It’s the commitment and enthusiasm of our people that gives us our energy to create change and make an impact for the future. And we want you to bring your personality, skills and experience, powering us to be leaders in fixed offshore wind.
- A relevant Bachelors / Masters degree (for example Civil Engineering, Offshore Engineering, Mechanical Engineering) – we will also consider those with equivalent technical qualifications or experience
- Previous working experience as an Installation Engineer or Project Engineer in an offshore project / construction related environment is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
- Willingness to travel abroad to offices / sites and offshore to our vessels
At times, there may be specific qualifications we’re looking for, but we also recognise the power of transferrable skills, so if you feel you have some of the relevant skills and experience we’re looking for, we want to hear from you.
What we can offer you
We offer the opportunity to create a future to be proud of, for generations to come. Whatever the role, wherever the location, everyone plays a part.
And when we say everyone, we mean everyone. Because we believe that it’s our team spirit that makes us special. Whether we’re getting stuck in, overcoming a challenge, or celebrating a success, we always do it together.
Alongside this, we’re continually creating the environment for you to be at your best – in and outside of work. This includes:
- Career development – access to a range of learning opportunities, as well as being part of a culture that encourages growth and development.
- Flexible working – everyone has commitments, responsibilities and passions outside of work. With a range of patterns available including hybrid, part-time or flexitime working, let’s discuss how we make time for what matters to you.
- A holistic benefits package – we pride ourselves in offering a wide range of benefits that support your financial, emotional, and physical wellbeing.
The next steps
To apply for this role, simply click the ‘Apply’ button found on this page.
You may be prompted to set up a profile with us. It’s quick and easy to do. Or, if you have already created a profile with us, simply log in and submit your application.
Here are 3 top tips to help you submit an application
- Make sure your CV is up-to-date and highlights the transferable skills and experience you can bring to this role.
- Include a cover letter as part of your application. It’s your chance to tell us why you would be a brilliant addition to our team.
- Take your time with your application and check there are no errors such as spelling mistakes.
Once you have submitted your application, we will be in touch as soon as possible with next steps.
To find out more about Seaway7, please visit our website.
You can also follow us on our social channels, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.