- Vacancy information
We are looking for a passionate Installation Engineer to join our team in our London office on a permanent staff basis. The discipline supports offshore construction activities across the whole energy sector, services conventional markets and emerging offshore renewables. Reporting to the Installation & Project Engineering Deputy Discipline Manager, Installation Engineer will be responsible for an offshore installation scope. Installation activities could include but not limited to subsea structures, mooring systems, risers systems, flexible flowlines and/or umbilicals. You will prepare the scope and then support the offshore crew during the operation. You will ensure the interface with the Client, suppliers, offshore crew and the design team.
What will you be doing?
- Take responsibility for the installation of one or more product(s) on a major Project,
- Manage all external interfaces (clients, suppliers) and internal (other disciplines, installation, manufacturing, purchase),
- Prepare documents and studies related to tenders, FEEDs and projects,
- Oversee engineering activities related to the preparation and installation of products,
- Plan and develop specific procedures/task plans and associated calculation notes (design lifting slings),
- Support vessel mobilization and installation phases on vessel to support successful project delivery,
- Ensure activities are conducted in compliance with the Project standards in terms of Quality, Cost & Time,
- Validate concepts and manage changes accounting for HSEQ criteria,
- Actively participate in the development of our discipline,
- Actively participate in the consolidation of discipline expertise,
- Offer innovative solutions that enable the reduction of costs.
What experience would we like you to have?
Please note, if you don’t tick all the boxes below but feel you have some of the relevant skills and experience we’re looking for, please do consider applying. We would encourage you to apply with a CV that highlights your transferable skills and experience.
- Graduated with a Master of Engineering and relevant work experience in the energy sector,
- Have a good knowledge of one or more of the following; Flexible Flowlines, Umbilicals, Structures, Moorings or floating renewables,
- You have experience of Offshore Operations,
- Your autonomy, capacity to coordinate and communicate are key assets to succeed at this position,
- Your English is fluent.
- Holds extensive interpersonal skills.
- Interfaces within a project structure, including other disciplines, drawing office, document control, project management, supply chain management, client, and suppliers.
- Ability to prioritise own workload, manage time accordingly and actively align deliverables deadlines across projects to smooth resource utilisation.
- Good organisational skills and smart working methods.
- Majority of your time will be carried out from Sutton office (position is not remote working),
- Requirement for some international travel,
- Offshore/Off-site location during project execution phases is required.
What do we offer?
- Career development – with access to a range of learning and development opportunities, as well as being part of a culture that encourages growth and development
- Flexible working – lots of our people work flexibly in different ways. Whether it’s hybrid, part-time of flexitime working. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but let’s have a discussion to see how we can make it work.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave/adoption leave
- A fantastic benefits package – which includes a generous holiday allowance, pension scheme, discounted health and wellbeing packages, electric car salary sacrifice scheme and more.
Who are we?
We are Subsea7, a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the energy industry. We make offshore energy transition possible through the continuous evolution of lower-carbon oil and gas and by enabling the growth of renewables and emerging energy.
At Subsea7, we are looking for people who think differently. We want people who can bring new ideas and who are willing to take on opportunities that will enable us to make a positive impact on a global stage.
In turn we will lift you up and encourage you to go further. Onshore or offshore, embark on a journey of opportunities, continuous learning and development.
Start your journey with us today.
An environment where you can thrive
We recognise that having a diverse team makes us a better, smarter team. Diversity is something we value and regard it as key to our growth.
We encourage new ways of thinking and celebrate our wide range of skills that enable us continually promote the status quo and inspire innovation. An inclusive and diverse environment promotes creativity, improves decision-making and introduces new ways of thinking.
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Subsea7 and we are committed to creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Fair employment practices, fair treatment for all individuals and equal opportunity on the basis of merit are the foundation of how we work and develop together.
What happens next?
If you would like to apply for this role, simply click the Apply button found on this page.
You may be prompted to set up a profile with us. It’s quick and easy to do. Or, if you have already created a profile with us, simply log in and submit your application.
Here are 3 top tips to enable you submit a successful application:
- Make sure your CV is up-to-date and highlights the transferable skills and experience you can bring to this role.
- We would encourage you to include a cover letter as part of your application. It’s your chance to tell us why you would be a brilliant addition to our team.
- Take your time with your application and check there are no errors such as spelling mistakes.
Once you have submitted your application, we will be in touch as soon as possible with next steps.#LI-AB1
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.