Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for our clients. We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
The world is re-thinking its energy supply and energy security needs; planning for a phased transition to alternative energy sources. We are here to help our clients meet these evolving energy needs.
This is an exciting time to join us on this journey.
We support flexible working requests and have adopted a hybrid approach for most of our office-based roles. We ask employees to be present in the office at least three days per week.
Are you ready to bring the right energy to Petrofac and help us deliver a better future for everyone?
JOB TITLE: INSTRUMENT TECHNICIAN
- To maintain the process plant and associated equipment in a safe and efficient manner, in compliance with all statutory requirements.
- Complete preventative and remedial maintenance in accordance with Maximo schedule and work instructions, with particular emphasis on safety critical activities.
- Carry out fault finding and diagnostic checks on all site equipment, ensuring any repairs are addressed promptly.
- Respond to breakdowns in a timely manner and carry out and apply effective fault finding and investigation techniques.
- Carry out major services, overhauls and intrusive maintenance on site equipment.
- Carry out and participate in Root Cause Analysis to improve equipment reliability.
- Ensure comprehensive work history is recorded in Maximo and any follow up work and material required is identified.
- Ensure comprehensive records and logs are maintained and effective handovers are carried out at shift and crew change.
- Identify and propose ideas and solutions that will increase efficiency in cost or time without loss of integrity and present idea(s) to relevant management.
- Support and improve team performance by sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Participate in PFM competence scheme including any multi skilled role in accordance with the relevant competence framework.
- Adopt a flexible working attitude to provide support across all departments to ensure team success.
- Create, maintain & enhance effective working relations and identify and minimise interpersonal conflict.
- Maintain effective communication with all work colleagues at all levels.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation and be able to apply it in the workplace.
- Health & Safety:
- Ensure all work is conducted in full compliance with Clients’ HS&E policy, procedures and Safety Management System.
- Be familiar with and follow the Clients’ Golden Rules for Health and Safety at all times.
- Comply with all relevant PFM HS&E policies and procedures where appropriate.
- Actively participate and support all Client and PFM, Safety & Environmental plans, initiatives and improvements.
- Carry out all activities in accordance with ISSOW including the following:
- Comprehensive and detailed Risk Assessments and Toolbox Talks
- Stop and re-asses any job where change is identified
- Report all accidents and incidents
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Core Trade NSVQ (Level 3) Certification or Equivalent
- CPR Training
- TSBT 02 Disassemble and reinstall Small Bore Tubing Assemblies
- TSBT 01 Assemble and Install Small Bore Tubing Assemblies Twin Ferrule
- CompEx Units Ex 01 to 04 (Electrical)
- OPITO and IOSH Authorised Gas Tester – Combined Levels 1, 2 & 3 (CBT)
- Electrical Safety Rules (including TLM015 and Electricity at Work Regs)
- ISSoW – Permit Vision software training
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.