Interface Manager / Senior Project Engineer
Our client Aker Solutions is a leading global energy services company that provides front-end studies, engineering, procurement and project management services for initiating and executing oil and gas field, HVDC, renewable energy and carbon capture developments.
We support Aker Solutions in finding talented individuals who can strengthen their team and support meet ambitious growth plans. Their Business very much depends on their people; all their major achievements are team efforts.
We are currently looking for an Interface Manager / Senior Project Engineer for their Winnersh office near Reading, UK. We need a dedicated team player who would like to be part of a winning team, who meet challenges head on to serve customers’ needs.
To support the Engineering Manager in the delivery of the engineering effort on a project or in a tender in accordance with Aker Solutions’ values and contractual requirements. Ensure that other aspects of the project such as procurement, construction, completion and operation are given proper consideration and engineering is controlled and delivered within contractual schedule and budget.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
Responsible for performance of interface management and specific engineering activities / tasks as directed by the Engineering Manager within areas, such as:
- Internal / external interface management
- Ensuring Engineering is executed accordance with the Project Execution Model / Plan (PEM/PEP) and in accordance with the schedule, budget and contractual requirements, keeping a focus on Quality and HSE aspects
- Coordinate and support other project engineering activities as directed by the Engineering Manager, including Area / System Engineering
- Task Force coordination, including project start-up support
- Monitoring the project schedule and manhour budget
- Integrity and Compliance coordination
- Engineering change control coordination
- Contribute, as necessary, to any technical and commercial evaluations/decisions being made related to the project
- Preparing and delivering technical presentations
- Risk management, to identify project threats and opportunities
- Keeping the Engineering Manager and Client representative informed of project/task progress
Qualifications / Personal Attributes:
- University degree or relevant education with more than 10 years post graduate experience in front end, FEED and/or EPC projects
- Track record in interface management / coordination role(s) from a minimum of one FEED, E&P or EPC project
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within the offshore oil & gas/renewable energy sector or onshore oil & gas / carbon capture sector. Onshore experience is preferred
- Knowledge of interdependence relationship between departments and disciplines
- Demonstrated knowledge of procurement and vital project control aspects
- Able to effectively negotiate critical issues with Engineers / Designers and Clients
- Experience in onshore carbon capture projects beneficial
More reasons to work with Aker Solutions:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Join a company committed to becoming a significant player in the energy transition
Interested? For more information about the position, please contact: Stephen Laurie, Recruitment Manager, NES Advantage Solutions, tel. +44 20 3908 4484
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.