Nabors is a leading provider of advanced technology for the energy industry. With operations in about 20 countries, Nabors has established a global network of people, technology and equipment to deploy solutions that deliver safe, efficient and responsible hydrocarbon production. By leveraging its core competencies, particularly in drilling, engineering, automation, data science and manufacturing, Nabors aims to innovate the future of energy and enable the transition to a lower carbon world.
Nabors is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibiting discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. To learn more about our Fair Employment practices, please refer to the Nabors Code of Conduct.
Participate in the conduct of assigned portions of internal reviews and audits. Assists management in the optimization of profits through the examination and evaluation of the company’s financial and operational controls and procedures to provide comments and recommendations concerning the activities reviewed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively seeks new ideas or procedures related to internal control which will enhance the overall profitability and efficiency of the company.
- Participates in reviews and surveys of assigned areas to appraise the adequacy and the application of financial and operating controls to ensure that the company’s objectives are met.
- Examines assigned activities of areas of the company to determine the extent of compliance with company policies, plans, and procedures and rules of regulatory authorities.
- Evaluates, to the extent possible through the completion of assigned audit steps, managerial effectiveness in attainment of objectives.
- Assists in the execution of audit work, makes recommendations to the lead auditor for the correction of problems discovered during audit.
- Assists in the preparation of detailed written reports outlining findings and recommendations from assigned activities for review with appropriate personnel; follows up on recommendations to ensure implementation.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS
- Working towards Bachelors, Accounting, Finance, MIS, or Business.
- CPA, CIA, CISA, and/or MBA preferred.
- Courses in Auditing, Fraud, Risk Controls, and Audit Communications preferred.
- Oil and gas industry awareness preferred.
- General business and organizational experience through part-time work or active involvement.
- Experience in auditing, accounting, investigations, or related areas preferred.
- Strong analytical aptitude.
- Well developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal effectively with people at various levels of the organization.
- Experience with MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint and databases preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Ability to travel
: United States Of America-Texas-Houston-(Nabors Corporate Services) Houston Office
To apply for this job please visit nabors.taleo.net.
Be the first to comment