As an Internal Control Specialist you can make a significant contribution to Canadian Natural by helping provide assurance over the company’s internal controls over financial reporting. You will bring a good understanding of various oil and gas general accounting processes and procedures to the role, including production revenue, royalties, marketing, expenditure accounting, and financial reporting. You will be a key member of a deadline driven team that is responsible for conducting the assessment of internal controls over financial reporting as part of the annual regulatory compliance requirements in Canada and the United States. Superior written and verbal communication skills will be critical to your success in this role.
- Support the Company’s annual assessment of internal controls over financial reporting as stipulated by National Instrument 52-109 and the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Contribute to the annual risk assessment and analysis of the financial statements and related accounts to determine the scope of the assessment
- Plan and perform detailed accounting process walk-throughs and control test procedures
- Provide advisory services related to internal control design and process efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop and manage relationships with business stakeholders and the company’s external auditors
- Maintain and enhance documentation of internal controls in support of the assessment
- Job location: Calgary, Alberta
- Shift schedule: 5×2 – Monday to Friday, 8 hours/day
- Competitive salary, stock options, stock savings plan and benefits
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3+ years of public accounting and related oil & gas industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or a related discipline and a professional accounting designation (CPA)
- Willingness to pursue Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) / Internal Audit Practitioner (IAP) designation
- Experience in assessing the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR)
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Ltd- “Canadian Natural” is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.