Full-time (Direct hire, permanent)
Location: Houston, TX
Petroplan is a global recruitment firm specializing in talent solutions exclusively dedicated to the Energy Industry since 1976.
Our team has partnered with leading oil and gas company to bring on an Internal Controls Accountant (SOX 404).
The Internal Controls Accountant (SOX 404) will be a part of the annual assessment of the Company’s financial controls and testing and reviewing the IT cycle.
- Prepares and updates detailed controls, process, and risk documentation
- Help in system administration of Workiva
- Data integrity checks
- Testing, perform controls testing, and monitor progress of results in Workiva
- Help in evaluating financial exposure of key control deficiencies
- Communicate with internal and external auditors for risk assurance
- Keep up with effective internal controls, including requirements of SEC and PCAOB, COSO risk and internal control framework and IT application controls
Little to know travel required for controls testing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
- MIS, CPA or CIA preferred
- 4 years of experience in controls, financial or operational accounting/ IT assignments
Petroplan is the trusted, specialist global Talent Solutions partner of choice for employers and professionals in the Energy sector. Since 1976, Petroplan has been here to help people like you make the most of the opportunities available and find the best fit for you as an individual.
Over 10,000 placements in more than 55 countries for over 550 clients across 65 disciplines.
In an industry where skilled and experienced professionals are increasingly sought after resource, we appreciate the true value of what you have to offer. What’s more, we understand that different things are important to different people in today’s world of work – it’s about making exactly the right connections for you as an individual.
Our reputation for contractor and candidate care, understanding what makes you tick, and finding you the best match is second-to-none. We understand the industry inside-out and seek to understand YOU and your motivations in the same way. We take the time to evaluate your individual strengths, understand the most important things to you, and establish exactly what you’re looking for from your next role.
To apply for this job please visit www.petroplan.com.