Do you want to play a role in the transition to sustainable energy production?
At Aker Solutions we are changemakers and accelerators. With a proud history of delivering complex projects to the oil and gas industry, we are looking for talented individuals to help us shape the path towards a sustainable energy future.
Our office in Stord is now looking for two International Welding Engineers.
What will you be doing?
- Create and administrate Welding Procedures, Welding Procedure Qualifications, Preliminary Welding Procedures and Production Tests
- Assist and review of requirements and standards and specifications regarding new tender and new contract
- Leadership of the welding technology discipline in the project
- Maintain and revising of Production handbook
- The departments contact with welding consumables suppliers and warehouse responsible for consumables
- Super user in WeldEye and MIPS, being a driving force for development and improvement
- Ensure registration and updating of welder certificates
- Customer contact for approval of procedures, deviations etc.
- Keeping close contact with Discipline Leads in the project, production departments, representatives of hire companies and inspection bodies
- Maintain contact with subcontractors, including participating in kick off meetings, reviewing and approval of welding procedure documentation, and final documentation
- Perform welding inspection
- Other duties that may be assigned by department manager and QC-Manager
We think you should have:
- Bachelor degree or Technical College
- 1-3 years experience working as a International Welding Engineer ( IWE)
- Experience as a International Welding Inspector (IWI)
- Familiar and well known within the ISO, Norsok and ASME standards for welding and material
- Innovative and solution oriented
- Work closely in team and also with an ability to work independently
- Fluent Norwegian and English, oral and writing
- Work systematically
Location is Stord Yard, occasional travel assignments may apply.
More reasons to work with us:
- Professional development and career opportunities
- Competitive pay and benefits
- Healthy work-life balance
- Good facilities in office building close to the yard
- Free parking and chargers for electrical cars
Interested? Contact us.
For further information, please contact senior recruiter Kristine Muri, mobile +47 926 05 486.
NES Advantage Solutions is Aker Solutions’ global recruitment services provider responsible for permanent and temporary staffing service.
This is Aker Solutions
Aker Solutions delivers integrated solutions, products and services to the global energy industry. We enable low-carbon oil and gas production and develop renewable solutions to meet future energy needs. By combining innovative digital solutions and predictable project execution we accelerate the transition to sustainable energy production. Aker Solutions employs approximately 15,000 people in more than 20 countries.
To apply for this job please visit www.akersolutions.com.