Date: Sep 16, 2022
Houston, TX, US, 77024
This position is responsible for leading the IT Organizational Change Management practice including IT communications, IT related training (both internal and external to the department), and ensuring business stakeholder engagement, project readiness, and acceptance of IT projects and initiatives. This position is also responsible for assisting in the organization and preparation of large IT town hall meetings and awareness initiatives.
- Manage a team of 3-5 OCM professionals
- Support the continued use and adoption of Marathon Oil’s Change Management Methodology, Framework, and Tools for all IT projects and initiatives
- Own and execute the communication and organizational change framework to achieve integrated and sustained change.
- Create measurement systems to track adoption, utilization, and proficiency of the change management program
- Assist project teams with the integration of change management activities into projects
- Assist in the development and delivery of project communications to stakeholder groups
- Assist in developing awareness and adoption of new technologies and processes
- Collaborate with Corporate Communications on change communications and Intranet updates
- Design IT orientation training to new employees
- Manage the creation, implementation, and tracking of IT training programs
- Manage the development and deployment of cyber security awareness initiatives
- Assist in the organization and preparation of large IT meetings and functions.
- Mentor OCM team members in professional development
- Foster a change network throughout Marathon Oil to promote change and to identify corporate initiatives requiring OCM support
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of overall experience required (7+ in OCM)
- Experience managing a change management practice in a large scale business environment
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and best practices
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Exceptional communication skills – both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Strong analytic and decision making abilities
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills
- Must work well in a matrix organization
- Ability to engage and influence key stakeholders
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization and move toward a common vision or goal.
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; Not Applicable; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Information Technology || Not Applicable || || 31270 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Change Management, Corporate Communications, Cyber Security, Manager, ERP, Management, Marketing, Security, Technology
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.