Marathon Oil is seeking an IT Law Systems Analyst to support the applications used by the Legal organization. This role will provide technical support for the matter management system (eCounsel), legal hold order system (Atlas), eDiscovery system (Recommind / AxCelerate) and other supporting technologies. The successful candidate will work with the business to understand their goals, assist with process improvement, and perform development and system configuration for the supported platforms.
- Serve as the technical lead for Legal systems, maintaining and enhancing the applications based on business requirements
- Work with the Legal team to define system requirements, identify and resolve issues, perform upgrades and manage testing
- Maintain the data integrations between the Legal systems and related technologies.
- Serve as a technical liaison between business users and applicable vendors supporting both on-premise and SAAS solutions.
- Act as the IT project manager for Legal systems projects
- Ensure compliance of all IT audit controls for supported systems
- Provide backup support and administration of OpenText
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Concentration in MIS, Computer Science or other technical degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years’ IT experience including 3+ years in Legal application support or IT consulting role required
- Experience performing IT support or consulting for Legal software applications required. Specific experience with eCounsel, Atlas, Recommind and OpenText are strongly preferred.
- Strong IT technical skills required, including experience with Microsoft Server OS. Experience with MS SQL Server, Oracle, Tomcat Server, IBM WebSphere and application authentication strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work well in a team setting
- Understanding of IT controls and audit concerns
- Strong ability to multi-task amongst multiple on-going initiatives
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Information Technology || Not Applicable || || 30704 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Systems Analyst, Consulting, Database, Oracle, System Administrator, Technology
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.