ABOUT HESS CORPORATION
Hess is a leading international independent energy company engaged in the exploration and production of crude oil and natural gas.
We have an industry leading position in the Bakken in North Dakota – a key U.S. shale play. Hess is also one of the largest producers in the deepwater Gulf of Mexico and a key natural gas producer and supplier to Peninsular Malaysia and Thailand. The company is engaged in exploration and appraisal activities offshore Guyana, participating in one of the industry’s largest oil discoveries in the past decade, as well as the Gulf of Mexico, Suriname and Nova Scotia.
Hess aims to attract, retain and energize the best people by investing in their professional development and providing them with challenging and rewarding opportunities for personal growth. We are always looking for talented professionals who share our values and are passionate about making a difference in the world and in their careers. We strive to meet the highest standards of corporate citizenship by protecting the health and safety of our employees, safeguarding the environment and creating a long-lasting, positive impact on the communities where we do business.
For more information about Hess Corporation, please visit our website at Hess.com.
As part of the IT Applications Team, the Corporate Business & HR Systems Manager role is responsible for:
- Establishing, managing, and maintaining relationships with multiple stakeholder groups consisting of HR, Finance (non-ECC), EHS, Economics, Land, Legal (includes Compliance), Office Services, Risk, Tax, Treasury, Brand Marking (Toy Truck), and across IT.
- Identifying and analyzing complex business problems, surfacing opportunities that drive improvement, and partnering with the business to provide the most effective solutions for these opportunities.
- Incorporating these opportunities into technology roadmaps that are aligned with the overall business objectives, processes and capability while meeting the needs of the IT strategy and governance.
- Planning, scheduling, and directing resources and funding to deliver value added initiatives.
- Leading, developing, and empowering a team of internal employees as well as our service providers to deliver value to the organization and maximize our investment in our existing corporate & HR solutions, by standardizing processes wherever and whenever possible.
- Cross functional IT engagement: Responsible for delivery of projects that span several IT functional areas.
The ideal candidate is a hands-on, influential, and strategic leader that can be close to the work, drive results, build trust, and bring visionary approaches to effectively guide the business and IT. Strong business partner engagement along with a servitude leadership style are required to be successful. As the role covers a broad range of corporate functions the expectation is that the ideal person will have the ability to understand or learn many business processes and IT technologies to effectively communicate among key internal and external stakeholders, as well as 3rd parties.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Strategic Partnering & Strategy
- Collaborate with identified leaders in the business to document business/IT strategic capability requirements as part of annual/on-going planning and governance to deliver corporate systems IT strategic roadmaps (3+ years forward looking view). Roadmaps reflect invest/divest, retirement, and consolidation strategies for the corporate services landscape.
- Understands, communicates, and shares IT vision, as well as the Application strategy throughout the organization and provides cross-functional perspective, direction, and support.
- Advises business partners on IT solutions that will best help them grow and perform more efficiently.
- Work closely with business partners to ensure alignment between business needs and IT initiatives. The goal is to ensure IT systems and people are effective and functioning within the limits of budget, time, and specifications.
- Relationship & Delivery Management
- Collaborate on the development of strategic plans, roadmaps, business cases and prioritization of business partner system initiatives. Ensure sustainable relationships are maintained with the team, stakeholders and effectively anticipate the needs of others.
- Leverage the broader IT network to execute business strategy. Develop and maintain a culture of accountability for successful business strategy execution.
- Work with business unit from beginning to end, outlining the most effective resources and oversee project implementations. Develop a deep knowledge of the business partner’s business units to build and maintain trust.
- Lead overall deliverables for all relevant projects which include internal and external team members, effectively allocating resources, facilitating productive meetings, developing, and controlling capital and expense budgets within existing Planning and IT Finance guidelines. Assure successful delivery of IT projects based on timely delivery and quality of assigned deliverables.
- Team Management
- Motivate, develop, and encourage an internal team structure.
- Lead the team to develop best practices and streamlined processes, and create a highly productive, professional, partnership focused, and collaborative culture.
- Provide strategic direction to the team along with process discipline to appropriately manage and prioritize demand based off available capacity.
- Ensure all relevant PCI, ITGC and SOX activities are completed timely and without any material findings.
- Vendor and Financial Management
- Works with financial leadership on annual IT budgets and forecasts.
- Manage relationships with IT vendors, monitor and drive to improve performance, seek out potential new service offering, manage contracts, invoicing, etc.
- Work Management and Systems thinking
- Understands the project management process and can conduct projects in accordance with the Project Management Office (PMO) framework. Can manage project budgets, schedules, and quality. Ensure projects risks, actions, issues and decisions are identified, mitigated and appropriately implemented. Conduct regular stakeholder reviews and is skilled in managing customer communications and expectations.
- Sets priorities for the team is association with management and peers, takes oversight of work delivery.
- Works on projects outside the scope of the immediate team, delivering value to the wider organization.
- Has a mastery in a range of discipline skills achieved through advanced training and demonstrated application.
- Is able to multi-task across more than one project, recognizing and balancing priorities and deadlines.
- Uses mastery of disciplines skills to deliver quality work products for self and team.
- Has broadened perspective and technical understanding to the point that he/she is trusted to guide tasks of greater scope than one person can accomplish.
- Managing Complexity, Change and Risk
- Is able to work on and solve complex problems in the area of expertise with limited to no direct supervision.
- Uses own experience and outside resources to work on complex projects requiring a multidisciplinary approach and a high degree of interaction among other disciplines, functions and divisions.
- Has original ideas and applies fresh approaches to problems; thinks one or two levels up
- Quick and resourceful in mastering knowledge needed by self and others in new and unfamiliar assignments
- Works to identify and facilitate changes into operational reality
- Identifies possible risk management alternatives
- 10+ years IT Business Relationship Management (BRM) experience.
- Minimum of 7 years of people management experience.
- Minimum of 7 years demonstrating excellent supplier management skills.
- Must have a passion for and demonstrated evidence of continuous improvement & innovation.
- Must have extremely high learning agility.
- Requires portfolio management, capacity management, and service delivery experience.
- Requires strong analytical, problem solving and action-driven competencies.
- Demonstrated, polished customer service skills are a must.
- Proven negotiation skills and conflict management techniques
Education, Training & Certifications
- Bachelor’s in computer science, Engineering or closely related discipline required.
The Hess Way of Working refers to competencies considered absolute pre-requisites for success. How you deliver results is as important as what you achieve. Every employee is expected to demonstrate the behaviors within these competencies to be considered an effective performer and, ultimately, earn career growth opportunities.
- Builds Trusted Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Creates Effective Teams
- Thinks Strategically
- Inspires Innovation
- Demonstrates Courage
- Drives Continuous Improvement
- Makes Quality Decisions
- Delivers High Performance
Hess is an equal opportunity employer; we welcome diversity in all forms of expression and thought
Posting Notes: Lisa B Willet | Employee | Information Technology | United States| Texas | Houston | | | | | No | 25685
To apply for this job please visit jobs.hess.com.