We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We foster a work environment that’s inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves. Experience the challenges, rewards, and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
The IT solution architect is responsible for the overall development and design of a robust, scalable enterprise platform and functions as a Cloud Subject Matter Expert for implementing and overseeing cloud computing strategy for IT Application Service Group (ASG)
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide technical architectural design expertise in support of sustainable building design standards, architectural design standards, technical specifications
- Offer technical design and quality reviews at various milestones throughout the SDLC
- Research new technologies and assess their fit for the purpose given business requirements and architectural guidelines
- Help product delivery & resolve technical issues with development teams
- Entail mapping cloud adoption plans, application design, cloud deployment, and cloud management and monitoring
- Governance best practices to optimize IT ASG cloud presence, performance, security, and cost
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of experience in software development, enterprise architecture and enterprise application integration
- Education acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline
- 3-5 years of work experience designing, executing, and supporting IT Cloud solutions
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies
- Expertise with design patterns, data structures, modeling, and OOAD.
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong technical accomplishments in solving hard software engineering problems
- Experience working with functional, development and QA teams to build products highly desirable
- Knowledge of cloud technologies and service-oriented architecture principles to define and own Solution Architecture (applications and data technologies)
- Experience in creating scalable system using various software technologies such as C# .Net, Java, Python, Angular, Azure DevOps
- Experience designing Microservices architecture
- Experience around real time streaming & messaging architecture / message broker technology such as Azure Service Bus, Event Hub etc.
- Understanding of operating systems, networking, communication protocols, security, data processing & corporate management applications
- Hands-on experience with PaaS, SaaS, and business intelligence/analytics implementation
- Expertise with designing and building services in public cloud environments like Azure or AWS
- Expertise in scaling applications that use large amounts of data stored in either SQL or NOSQL databases
Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles give (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 171689
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Support Services
Product Service Line: Information Technology
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
To apply for this job please visit jobs.halliburton.com.
Be the first to comment