Our client, a Tier One Mining Operator, are looking for an Operational Technology Infrastructure Specialist to join them on a 6-month contract basis on site.
To be successful in this role, you must possess highly developed problem solving skills and have experience working in a highly dynamic operational environment. Additionally, you will also participate in all future OT projects and architecture proposals with the view to ensuring that solutions align with existing supported technologies.
• Provide Level 2/3 specialist technical for all Operational Technology service groups for which the IT/OT team have an operational responsibility
• Strive to meet or exceed the defined Service Level Objectives and Targets established with Operations team
• Develop and maintain technology standards, documentation, and processes for OT Systems
• Develop and maintain the maintenance strategies, plans and schedules
• Record all work carried out in established service management systems (ServiceNow, Microsoft SCOM/SCCM, IMS, Orion etc.)
• Provide expertise to other technology teams including projects involving storage, compute or communication systems
• Follow all relevant processes required to working at site (cyclone preparation, emergency, and site shutdowns etc.)
• Work as a team with the other established IT and OT support functions to share knowledge and workload where possible
• Participate in industry-based workshops and seminars where it directly benefits current issues and initiatives
• On-call while onsite.
• 8+ years of relevant experience in the operational technology field
• Subject matter expert (SME) in the area of Data Centre technologies including Servers, Storage, Virtualisation, Monitoring/Alerting, Backup and Recovery
• Previous experience in operational support of mission critical services in large-scale environments, preferably mining/resources
• Demonstrated experience in scripting & automation (e.g. Powershell, Python)
• Understanding of networking technologies would be advantageous
• Exposure to Process Control Systems highly desirable (GE Simplicity highly regarded)
• Exposure and experience in safety practices ideally in the mining or the resources industry
• Exposure to Fleet Management Systems highly desirable ( MineStar )
• Excellent communication skills with strong client focus
• Strong time management & organisational skills – able to prioritise & multitask
• Proven IT change management, incident, and problem management skills
• Tertiary Qualification in IT / Computer Science / related discipline
• Current WA drivers’ licence
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.