- Vacancy information
- SCM CHARTERING SPECIALIST
Location: Sharjah- UAE
Subsea 7 is a global leader in the delivery of offshore projects and services for the evolving energy industry, with over 80 nationalities across more than 30 countries. Everywhere we operate, our people are inspired to develop new ways of working and adapt to the changing energy industry.
We provide project management, engineering, and construction expertise across the full field lifecycle. These services are delivered within three operational business units: Subsea and Conventional, Life of Field, and Renewables and Heavy Lifting.
Within Africa, Middle East & Caspian region (AMEC), we safely execute Subsea and Conventional projects which connect seabed wellhead infrastructures to surface facilities such as platforms and floating production systems. We are actively present in a significant number of countries in Africa, Europe, Caspian Sea, Middle East and Asia.
Description of function
The main function of the Supply Chain Management (SCM) Chartering Specialist is to assist the Middle East SCM. Chartering Lead in finding and administrating chartered vessels.
The SCM Chartering Specialist will be dealing with all the chartering requirements for the entire duration of the Project.
Determination of the appropriate strategy with the ME SCM Chartering Lead,
for the chartering requirements, always keeping continuous communications with the
SCM Project Lead as well.
Development and implementation of chartering strategy for each requirement in accordance
to the Project Schedule.
• Manage Chartering requirements for the dedicated project
• Discuss on regular basis with the ME SCM Chartering Lead the main chartering criticalities and potential synergies amongst the different projects
• Follow the List of Owner/ Subcontractors pre-approved by Subsea 7 in Ariba/ SAP.
• If needed, source and propose alternative Vessels Owners based on approved SCM strategy within the Project and solid technical justification.
• Assist the ME SCM Chartering Lead to develop and supervise the regular updating of the Project Procurement Status Report, ME Chartering report and provide accurate and timely status reports of SCM activities.
• Perform commercial and contractual analysis, schedule evaluation of bids, and incorporate technical evaluation from Engineering, QA/QC & HSSEQ.
• Highlight all discrepancies in SCM processes, identify related risks and propose actions to minimize such risk.
• Organize the KoM with Vessel Owners, ensuring in particular that deliverables (including HSE’s),
schedule, scope of work are clearly explained and understood.
• Manage post award activities relate to call down mechanism, onhire of Vessels, assist in operation or project team whenever required to ensure Owner provide the required services according the Charter party agreement/ Subcontract.
• Manage vessel data, vessel firm and optional period and ensure required insurance in place.
• Review Owners or Subcontractors invoices and charges, ensure claims are eligible and response on timely manner as per Charter Party agreement. Ensure service entry sheet are created on time, approve and process in the system. Resolve any dispute with respective department if required and ensure payment release on time.
• Manage required vessel extension and negotiate all Variation Orders and get approvals commitment amendments with the support of Contract Engineers. Ensure all paperwork approved, PR and PO issued on time and relevant addendum or change order issued in timely manner. Ensure all post award activites are follow up closely till project completion.
• Ensure Vessel demobilization and return to Owners and maintain the on and offhire record.
• Ensure Statement of Final account are signed off and close out report issued upon project completion.
• Ensure feedback and Subcontractors Performance Evaluations upon completion of works by use of the saving and Value Capture/ Overrun Report and Supplier/ Subcontractor Performance Assessment.
• 3 years in SCM function or 2 years in Chartering Roles in the Oil & Gas Business
• Degree holders in Engineering.
• Proficient in English, with very good oral and written communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Great negotiation skills
• Contractual skills (familiar with subcontract or purchase order)
• Bimco Charter Party in particular with Supplytime 2005/2017, Bargehire (plus skill but not mandatory)
• Familiar with vessel charter (plus skill but not mandatory)
• SAP (plus not mandatory)
WE LIVE BY OUR VALUES
SAFETY | INTEGRITY | SUSTAINABILITY | PERFORMANCE | COLLABORATION | INNOVATION
“Our values are not just Corporate words on our Website or a poster on the wall in an office or a vessel. They are our continuous drivers of our behaviors; our actions and they guide our choices.”
John Evans, CEO
AN ENVIRONMENT WHERE YOU CAN THRIVE
Whatever your ambitions or professional aspirations, Subsea 7 provides exciting career opportunities, by connecting people and energy all over the world. Here, you’ll have the chance to work in a multicultural environment and embrace new career opportunities, either across AMEC countries or in other Subsea 7 business units.
A PLACE FOR INNOVATION
The knowledge, creativity, and ideas our people bring to some of the most challenging and inspiring energy projects around the world drive our growth and success.
A CAREER YOU CAN BE PROUD OF
Subsea 7 is an equal opportunity employer. You’ll be surrounded by a diverse, international community of experts, who bring different skills and ideas that help us challenge the status quo and inspire innovation. Diversity makes us smarter.
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.