- Vacancy information
- At Subsea 7, we take pride in being recognised globally as a leader across the Energy Industry. For 5 decades our people have delivered over 1000 projects in all water depths across our energy hubs and we continue to do so, adapting and evolving in an ever-changing world.
Our success and sustainability are only made possible by continuing to develop our assets and technology through innovation and collaboration, and importantly through the development and diversity of our people who every day ‘Make Incredible things Happen’ at Subsea 7.
POSITION PURPOSE STATEMENT:
Subsea 7 has a requirement for an SCM Specialist to join the Offshore Resources (OR) team based in our Westhill, Aberdeen office on an initial contract basis for 12 months.
The SCM Function supports OPEX & CAPEX to provide the Fleet & Equipment Group with the necessary services, equipment and consumables required to operate of fleet of vessel globally.
The function plays a key role within our OR organisation and is responsible for the effective management of all third party procurement & services. This includes sourcing, supplier management, procurement of goods & services, expediting, logistics, inventory management & warehousing. The SCM Specialist will be responsible for a particular, defined aspect of the Supply Chain process. This may involve the purchase of goods, services and facilities or other SCM functions and they may be the single point of contact (SPOC) with a supplier.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage Procurement of Good & Services for Global Fleet of Vessels & ROV’s.
- Plan and execute Forwarding & Expediting strategies to ensure timely arrival of goods services without undue delay/penalty with clearance.
- Operate within standardised OR SCM policies, processes and systems and leverage the systems side to support the provision of relevant and quality metrics.
- Manage the defined elements of the supply chain process as delegated. Work within cross-functional teams to work with vendors on cost improvement and to create better value delivery.
- Capitalise from lessons learned and is performed in accordance with best practice, striving to mitigate risk, promoting safety and integrity consistently.
- Contribute the selection, management and monitoring of vendors.
- Participate in the evaluation of the vendors.
- Proactively support internal clients such as Vessel Teams, ROV, project teams with performance of the assigned SCM activities.
- Maintain contact with Vendors, including appropriate sites visits, during the entire process ensuring adherence to quality and deadlines.
- Maintain and produce appropriate reports and logs for all relevant internal parties, proactively highlighting issues to ensure these are identified in advance and can be addressed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree qualified, however relevant experience will be considered.
- Previous Marine/Vessel SCM experience with exposure to procurement processes and familiar with RFQ/tendering (Essential)
- Previous experience of using SAP (Essential)
- Knowledge of market/industry suppliers and service providers (Desirable)
BEHAVIOURS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Must be flexible, open to changing priorities and reliable (Essential)
- All personnel are expected to contribute to creating a positive HSEQ culture within Subsea 7 and ensure familiarity with and adherence to local HSEQ codes and practices.
- All personnel are expected to provide leadership in code of Ethics and compliance with FCPA and Bribery and Corruption Acts.
Subsea 7 are committed to creating a diverse workforce and we look to offer excellent career opportunities as well providing a wide range benefits and a flexible working environment.
To apply for this job please visit careers.subsea7.com.