Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Joint Interest Accountant within our Joint Interest/Projects/Fixed Assets group based in Houston, TX.
Joint Interest Accounting – Audit responsibilities include:
- Investigate and prepare timely responses to joint interest audit exceptions, in accordance with terms and provisions of applicable JOAs and COPAS Accounting Procedures
- Audit exception journal entries and adjustments to joint interest properties
- Utilize joint interest audit tracking system to effectively manage open audit activity
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reporting of audit statistical data
- Communicate and work with the Operations, Land, JIB, and all Accounting departments to help resolve audit exceptions
The successful candidate for this position will meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Working knowledge of COPAS Accounting Procedures and MFIs
- Excellent Microsoft Excel Skills (pivot tables and advanced formulas)
- Minimum 5 years oil and gas industry experience
- Proactive self-starter with a positive attitude and excellent communications skills
- Ability to work independently and as member of a team
- Able to interact with employees outside of accounting at all levels of the organization
- Experience with SAP
- Gulf of Mexico joint interest experience
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status
– United States-Texas-Houston
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.