Date: Aug 4, 2022
Houston, TX, US, 77024
Marathon Oil Company seeks a Houston based Land Professional to join its Permian Asset Team. The successful candidate will preferably have a minimum of five (5) years in-house Land experience with emphasis in managing rig schedules and negotiating Land transactions with minimal supervision. New Mexico experience is also required.
- Negotiate, prepare, and review Land contracts including oil and gas leases, assignments, joint operating agreements, exchange agreements, farm-in/farm-out agreements, miscellaneous letter agreements, AMI’s, etc., and administer their compliance.
- Manage a dynamic company-operated multi-rig drill schedule to ensure complete Land readiness in all aspects including contingencies and acceleration of rig programs. Collaborate with Engineering, Geology, Regulatory and Planning disciplines in the planning and execution of the Permian drilling program.
- Conceptualize and strategically generate acreage trades to advance the value of future wells within the Permian plan of development.
- Facilitate coordination with Geology, Engineering, Regulatory and Law personnel to represent Marathon’s interests before the OCD.
- Review title opinions and secure necessary curative documents. Assist the Division Order group with initial ownership set up and participate in monthly status of wells reviews.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of applicable Federal and State laws and regulations pertaining to land related issues.
- Manage outside operated wells proposals and participate in internal reviews for same. Conduct external negotiations representing the recommendations of the team.
- Work closely with Land Administration and Land GIS to research and maintain Marathon’s leases and contracts through internal systems, and provide recommendations for cancellations, renewals, and rental obligations.
- Utilize, OCD website, ARC GIS, Enverus, and other land related data platforms to perform routine Land tasks in assigned area of responsibility.
- Actively participate in meetings and make presentations to Marathon management as well as potential working interest owners.
- Maintain intimate knowledge of Marathon’s acreage inventory and land positions in assigned areas and monitor competitor activity and land position. Provide information for new development opportunities and offer strategic Land input, as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university majoring in business, legal studies, or similar majors, with preference to Energy Management/Energy Commerce disciplines
- AAPL RPL or higher certification preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience, preferably in-house with an E&P company
- New Mexico experience required
Marathon Oil Corporation (NYSE: MRO) is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company based in Houston, Texas. With a material position in four of the best oil-rich U.S. resource plays in different stages of development, we offer a variety of career opportunities, whether you’re a recent college graduate or an experienced professional. You’ll have the tools to develop and refine the skills and knowledge you need to succeed.
Marathon Oil Company will take the necessary action to ensure that applicants are treated without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or other protected status under applicable employment law.
If you are a current Marathon employee please use the ERP website to submit referrals.
Posting Notes: || Houston || TX || United States (US) || SF:LI; SF:DI; SF:GH; SF:MN; SF:RZ || Land, Marketing and Commercial || Not Applicable || || 31205 ||
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Compliance, Geology, GIS, ERP, Engineer, Legal, Technology, Engineering
To apply for this job please visit careers.marathonoil.com.