Santos is a global low-cost producer of oil and gas committed to ever-cleaner energy and fuels production with operations across Australia, Papua New Guinea, Timor-Leste and North America.
At Santos, our commitment is to be a global leader in the transition to cleaner energy and clean fuels, by helping the world decarbonise to reach net-zero emissions in an affordable and sustainable way.
Santos is already Australia’s biggest domestic gas supplier, a leading Asia Pacific LNG supplier and is committed to supplying the critical fuels such as oil and gas in a more sustainable way through decarbonising projects such as the Moomba CCS project.
For more than 65 years, Santos has been working in partnership with local communities, providing local jobs and business opportunities, safely and sustainably developing its natural gas resources, and powering industries and households.
With a strong, low-cost base business supplying oil and gas and a clear action plan to develop cleaner energy and clean fuels, Santos remains resilient, value accretive and at the leading edge of the energy transition.
Supporting a Diverse Workforce
Santos acknowledges that we operate on the traditional lands of Aboriginal people. We recognise the traditional rights to maintain the culture, identities, traditions, and customs on their country. We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable to be themselves. We want our people to feel that all voices are heard, all cultures respected and that a variety of perspectives are not only welcome – they are essential to our ongoing success.
We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different. Australian Aboriginal and / or Torres Strait Islander jobseekers are strongly encouraged to apply.
About the role
Santos is looking to appoint a Technical Lead with Land Transport expertise to promote, deliver and ensure Assurance and Compliance within all land transport operations supporting Eastern Australia including PNG.
Accountabilities are delivered in line with the Santos company values and Santos Management System (SMS). Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Technical lead for Heavy Vehicle National Law (HVNL), Work Health & Safety (WHS) standards, IVMS and Fatigue Monitoring Devices applicable to the heavy and light vehicle operations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain safety guidelines and tools to support safe land transport activities.
- Conduct regular safety audits, inspections, and risk assessments of land transport operations to identify any potential hazards and compliance gaps.
- Work closely with Health and Safety teams to ensure alignment with the company Operating Standards and wider safety initiatives.
- Develop and deliver comprehensive training programs for land transport personnel on safe driving practices, vehicle operations such as loading and unloading and compliance protocols.
- Lead investigations into land transport incidents and accidents to determine root causes, human factors, and preventive reoccurrence.
- Analyse IVMS and Fatigue Monitoring reports including the preparation of detailed incident reports for corrective action.
- Collaborate with stakeholders and contractors to ensure timely reporting to regulatory authorities when necessary.
- Collaborate with Fleet Management to ensure all vehicles and equipment meet safety standards and are regularly inspected and maintained.
- Analyse driving performance data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Adhere to Santos reporting obligations and EHS standards and performance, company’s environmental, health & safety vision, policies, and management standards.
- Degree qualifications in Supply Chain, Logistics Operations, or an associated discipline including a certification in Work, Health and Safety is preferred.
- History of experience in managing transport, logistics and heavy equipment operations in the energy or heavy construction industry is essential.
- Sound understanding of Australian Heavy Vehicle National Law and Chain of Responsibility
- In-depth knowledge of Land Transport Standard, HVNL, COR and vehicle specifications
- Experienced in Investigation, analysis and reporting of high potential safety incidents and road crashes.
- Strong Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experienced working with field-based personnel with demonstrated experience working with diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- Ability to conduct training and awareness for Driving, COR and HVNL.
- Experience in engaging and collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Flexible, adaptable and resilient in meeting changing business demands.
How to apply
We are looking for a tenacious, experienced and dynamic individual to take on this challenging position based at Santos Brisbane operations. Please apply online and no later than 17th November 2023.
A requirement of this role is that you will need to have in place the legal work rights for Australia to apply.
To apply for this job please visit recruitment.santos.com.