CGG (www.cgg.com) is a global technology and HPC leader that provides data, products, services and solutions in Earth science, data science, sensing and monitoring. Our unique portfolio supports our clients in efficiently and responsibly solving complex digital, energy transition, natural resource, environmental, and infrastructure challenges for a more sustainable future.
With our drive, deep curiosity and understanding of the Earth and its subsurface, we’re uncovering new, more sustainable ways for our clients to meet the needs of their customers and achieve their business and energy transition goals.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Lawyer to join our team!
The successful candidate will be primarily allocated to review and assist the Earth Data Business Line by reviewing and preparing licenses contracts and all associated agreements. However, the team operates on a flexible basis so the ability and willingness to cover for other team members, business line clients and work collectively is essential.
– Reviewing, drafting & negotiating contracts, including (which may be highly complex)
- General service agreements
- Licence agreements
- Memoranda of understanding / letters of intent
- Confidentiality agreements
- All forms of contract amendments
- Dealing/assisting with disputes, including litigation / arbitration.
- Reviewing and maintaining contract templates
- Writing contracts requirements in conformance with all applicable laws and in compliance policies & procedures.
- Providing general legal advice to business units and to other corporate functions.
- To ensure that the contracts activities are performed in accordance with all procedures, local content requirements e.g. Compliance
– Follow and promote internal contract review process, procedures and practices in accordance with CGG General Instructions;
– Answer email questions on legal, contractual or process issues;
– Work co-operatively and jointly with other departments (Tax, Compliance & Finance) to provide legal reviews of high standard;
– Develop and assist Business line personal knowledge within reasonable confines;
Travel, including overseas travel, as required.
- Legally qualified LLB/GDL 2:1 or higher required. LPC desirable.
- NQ Solicitor or Legal Executive, or equivalent experience desirable.
- Contract interpretation and drafting experience
- Contract negotiation skills
- IT and research skills.
- Commitment to the understanding or experience of Oil and Gas industry desirable
- French spoken and written skills would be advantageous
Why work at CGG?
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Initial 22 days annual leave with future increases
- Company pension with generous employer contribution
- Wellbeing Unmind app – puts you in control of your mental health
- A flexible benefits platform with numerous discount schemes – gym membership, restaurants, cinema tickets, and much more!
- Regular social club events, spontaneous reward events throughout the year
- Cycle purchase scheme
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programmes
We are Flexible
- Flexible Working – through our hybrid working scheme, we offer a flexible blend of home and office working
- Bank Holiday Swap – our holiday swap program allows you to change it for another day of your choice!
- Buy & Sell Holiday Programme – you can buy extra holiday, sell unused holiday or even save it up!
- Relaxed dress code policy
Learning and Development
At CGG, you will have the space to grow at the pace of your passion and explore the opportunities available to those who dare and deliver.
Our culture of learning and complementary approach to supported or self-guided career development, enables the design of tailored courses to suit specific needs our employees to aid personal growth in areas related to technical, commercial and personal skills, via an extensive suite of CGG developed courses, managed through our own Learning Hub.
We Care about the Environment
We encourage and actively support a strong sense of community, through volunteering and various company initiatives, as well as a strong company commitment to protecting our environment through sustainable solutions, energy saving and waste reduction enterprises.
We see things differently. Diversity fuels our innovation, we value the unique ways in which we differ, and we are committed to equal employment opportunities for all professionals.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.