Lead Chemical Analyst The Client
Our client is a leading independent Oil & Gas company operating in 14 countries across the globe. This opportunity is available in their UK subsidiary which is one of the largest gas operators in the Southern North Sea.
As a responsible operator, our client is proud to be a partner of choice and to maintain the highest safety and environmental standards. Working within their Process Safety Team this position will be responsible for leading risk assessments and LOPA studies of our client’s assets and participating in HAZOP’s as required. You will be an integral part of the team offering wider support as the business dictates, supporting any new planned activities.
The Job Opportunity
This role is responsible for the management and control of the production chemicals and laboratory services at Wytch Farm, ensuring chemical strategies are carried out in a safe and efficient manner. This role forms part of the Projects & Engineering team reporting to the Senior Process Engineer.
This is a 12 month PAYE contract working Monday to Friday based in our clients Wytch Farm offices/lab.
- Prepare and implement Wytch Farm Chemical Strategies
- Overview data analysis and archiving
- Provide support to Operations personnel to manage logistics and stock levels of Corrosion Inhibitor and other operational chemicals
- Provide support to Operations to track Costs against budget
- Provide support to Operations in trouble shooting problem areas of Chemical Analysis and
- Chemical Injection in the process. Help manage the investigation of any out of specification results and communicate corrective actions to the wider team.
- Provide any necessary Health and Safety knowledge and experience in Chemical analysis and handling to relevant site personnel.
- Working with supply chain, act as point of contact for chemical suppliers.
- To assess the training needs of Laboratory and operational personnel, where necessary carryout training, and maintain adequate training records in order to comply with the company systems.
- Develop tests and procedures to ensure all equipment is used to its full potential
- Communicate as necessary all relevant information to the Process Support Engineer to ensure the smooth running of the Laboratory.
- To support the COSHH Co-ordinator to update and write new COSHH assessments when required and maintain MSDS database on Sevron.
- Provide laboratory cover for the Chemical Analyst for their periods of annual leave and sickness and periods of high workload.
Key Requirements Include
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Being approachable and being able to work collaboratively with others.
- Responsiveness and ability to turn round important results quickly
- Willingness to challenge results and raise questions to help resolve issues that arise.
- A chemistry / scientific background is preferred
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Chemistry or relevant subject
About NES Fircroft
NES Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for over 50 years, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for NES Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and NES Fircroft’s services.
NES Fircroft is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner as required under the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. Fircroft will only process your personal data for the specific purposes of managing your application.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.