Our client is currently recruiting for the position of Lead Development Engineer Projects &Engineering, based in Aberdeen.
* Provide subsea, pipeline and topside engineering input to new developments, prospect evaluation and business development opportunities.
* Prepare and manage contractors / 3rd party operators’ scope of work, contractor evaluation and selection process.
* Develop field development concepts and cost estimates.
* Provide input on identification of key long lead items and their lead times for integration into development plans.
* Co-ordinate peer reviews / assists and relevant check point reviews.
* Co-ordinate work with the subsurface, production chemistry, commercial, drilling and project controls to generate technical, commercial and economic field development solutions.
* Optimise the value of the solutions through the application of and participation within the field development process.
* Review, coordinate input and ensure consistency between key development technical deliverables e.g., FDP, BOD, etc.
* Coordinate the development, implementation and overall planning activities & appraisal of the Major CAPEX projects as per schedule and within budget.
* Assessing the economic impact of various development and operational strategies, both short and long term.
* Working with Operations, Accounting, and Finance in the company’s corporate capital budgeting process, including clear technical justification of capital projects to the Executive team.
* Ongoing investigation of the practical viability of emerging technologies as it relates to field development planning.
* Provide support to all other disciplines as required, notably: corporate third-party reserves, M&A activity, New Energy, due diligence activities.
* Provide Support on Decommissioning activities at the early concept / feasibility stage.
* Excellent planning and organizational skills.
* Flexible and goal oriented.
* Good communication skills on all levels.
* Ability to deliver at Pace.
* Innovative: Challenge conventional thinking.
* Collaborative: Work and communicate effectively with colleagues and stakeholders.
* Drive: Strive for excellence, taking personal responsibility for performance and delivering results.
* Working with internal groups to develop strategies for delivery of the current portfolio. Key interfaces with Exploration, Reservoir, Commercial and Project Teams.
* External Interfaces with Supply Chain Partners as well as new technology providers who can supplement development activities.
* Based in the UK.
Experience & Qualifications:
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a relevant experience Oil & Gas, including experience in a field development engineering role.
* Familiar with technical work as well as project cost estimating, schedules and development economics.
* Experienced with and knowledgeable of formal project management and information management systems, including the principles and associated processes, practices, or tools.
* Proactive, delivery focused, can operate in a high paced environment and is adaptable to working in a transformative organisation.
* Good communication, networking, facilitation & presentation skills.
* Team player with ability to build strong working relationships between the various Project Teams, Company Business Groups and 3rd party contractors.
* Highly competent interpersonal and influencing skills to manage ambiguity, conflict, and uncertainty tactfully and diplomatically in a culturally diverse environment.
If you feel that you are well suited to the above opportunity and would like to find out more then please contact Orion Group for more information or apply by forwarding your current CV quoting reference: PR/063308.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.