We have a contract position for a lead Document Controller
The position will be based in Surrey or Aberdeen (candidate’s choice).
This is for an operator on a renewables project.
· Leads the development and implementation of document management processes and systems; ensuring understanding of the broader scope across all project stages and associated contract sites.
· Leads the set-up of project document management implementation plan reflecting the project scope and execution strategy; ensuring full understanding of Project Information Management strategy, project scope, contracting strategy and execution plan.
· Leads the document management input to the overall change management process; ensuring it is rigorously applied to all changes and that impacts are fully assessed and incorporated into project document deliverables forecasts.
· Ensures that document (including drawings) delivery schedule and progress report is collected from contractors and is used to underpin the project progress assumptions and forecast.
· Establishes document management related communication plans, interfaces and a reporting system that provide the leadership team and stakeholders with timely analysis and insights for all work scope.
· Liaise with specific document management team to ensure appropriate document storage and subsequent handover into the asset instance of corporate database.
· Supports identification of project requirements for all documents necessary during the lifecycle of the assets being delivered and include those requirements in all project contracts for services and materials.
Skill set needed
· 7+ years experience managing documentation / information systems on large scale projects
· Experience of using project document management systems, including Sharepoint
· Self-motivation and a high level of individual initiative and self-reliance are required.
· Strong ability to build partnerships, actively engage and respect contributions of others.
· Influencing and communication skills in English language
· Excellent inter-personal skills and behaviours
· Ability to produce good quality written reports and summary presentations.
· Ability to harness use of digital tools to provide high quality planning and performance management reporting information.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.