Airswift is seeking an experienced Lead Material Engineer to join one of our clients in the oil and gas sector.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Responsible for the cost-effective selection of materials and corrosion management in compliance with relevant client requirements.
- Review and provide technical inputs on metallurgy related technical matters
- Responsible for all Material Engineering design activities and deliverables
- Manage the technical interfaces with equipment and package suppliers to ensure that the equipment and packages comply with the technical requirements & specifications of Design, Standards & Project Specifications
- Participate in meetings, discussions, audits, verifications, workshops and technical reviews that relates to Material Engineering scope of work on projects and be responsible for closeout of actions identified as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Material and/ or Corrosion Engineering or other equivalent engineering specialisation.
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in material engineering which includes metallic/ non-metallic Material Selection for equipment and piping, Thermal Insulation, Erosion modelling and sand management, Corrosion evaluations, definition of the corrosion management strategy using Cathodic Protection/ Industrial Coating / Chemical Treatment, etc.
- Prior work experience with projects in the Oil and Gas sector with similar roles and accountabilities
- Knowledge of oil and natural gas industry standards such as, but not limited to, API, ASME, NACE and other relevant standards related to material, erosion/ corrosion, examination, welding processes, testing/inspections, thermal insulation etc.
- Possess excellent technical communication skills
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.