NES Fircroft is partnered with oil and gas specialists to source the top talent available. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and our relationships with industry leaders. This ensures the best possible fit for long-term success.
Currently Queensland’s Energy industry is in recovering strongly. As such, on behalf of one of our most admired Operators, we are now seeking an experienced Lead Geophysicist to fulfil a full time position based in Brisbane.
The position of Lead Geophysicist reports directly GM Exploration and will take a senior role within the subsurface business and liaise with disciplinary stakeholders and the leadership team to drive and deliver the exploration program.
This is a position of influence. Though there are no direct reports as a senior member of the team and business you will demonstrate a high level of leadership qualities to compliment your technical skill to coach and mentor less experienced colleagues and lead project teams. Your exceptional interpersonal communication will enable you to liaise and engage effectively across groups to ensure the best outcomes for project delivery and business objectives.
Technical requirements and experience of the role include though are not limited to:
- 15+ years experience in Oil and Gas exploration with an emphasis on onshore operations and Geophysics
- Geophysical techniques including: seismic acquisition and processing, seismic interpretation, seismic attribute analysis, depth conversion, AVO analysis and rock physics and experience with static modelling and well planning
- Exploration trend and prospect development including risk evaluation and ranking
- Ability to understand subsurface uncertainties and risk, manage those risks through project delivery to safely protect value and communicate those risks and risk-based decisions with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Data analytics and unconventional exploration experience highly regarded
- Economic and Financial acumen to drive business case development, and support budget and financial reporting requirements
This role represents an excellent career opportunity for a skilled professional to join a respected team and business. You will be a full-time employee with full salary, benefits and incentive structure including relocation support.
The Lead Geophysicist will join a diverse and inclusive workplace where your dedication, success and good character will be met with likeminded peers and a business that supports excellence.
Should your skills and experience fit the above please APPLY NOW
For a confidential discussion please contact
[email protected] or on 0448 185 808
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.