Are you seeking an opportunity to demonstrate and develop your Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance Lead Hand skill set? If so, this is an incredible opportunity where you will oversee electrical and instrumentation for Albian Sands Ore Preparation / Extraction Department. You will be required to make timely, sound decisions to support the goals of the Electrical and Instrumentation Maintenance team with the main focus on ensuring the equipment has maximum run time and reliability.
Reporting to the Shift Team Lead, you will provide strong mentorship and training to fellow trades’ people and act as the “go to” for those who need assistance with day-to-day decision making and troubleshooting. Your strong knowledge and experience will be demonstrated through on-going teaching and mentoring Trades people on how to complete work permits, JSAs, etc. This will include your ability to demonstrate strong leadership characteristics and the ability to lead teams of people to successfully achieve CNRL goals and objectives. You will actively participate in the Albian Lean Six Sigma program and promote the LSS culture to department electricians and instrumentation trades.
You will communicate in an open, honest and motivating style, always capturing the interest of those Trades people directly reporting to you. You will demonstrate your ability to connect with Trades People and trainees through personal experiences and knowledge of both electrical and instrumentation trades. You will consistently take a common sense approach when analyzing problems and troubleshooting.
- Act as the lockout authority for the Albian Operations OPP / Extraction E/I team
- Perform Root Cause Analysis to determine failure modes and recommend solutions
- Assist with quarterly performance reviews of all direct report personnel
- Assist the Trades people with their daily duties and assist with day-to-day problem solving and troubleshooting
- Conduct daily toolbox meetings and convey site messaging shift to shift
- Provide coverage for Shift Team Leads as required
- Job location: Albian Oil Sands – Fort McMurray, Alberta
- Eligible for relocation pursuant to Canadian Natural’s relocation policy
- Company sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out from Edmonton or Calgary
- This is a safety sensitive position
- Shift schedule: 7×7 – 7 days on, 7 days off
Skills & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 or GED is required
- Typically, 2+ years of relevant experience in an industrial, mineral processing, petrochemical or oil sands operating environment
- Previous experience with crushers, conveyors, slurry pumps, flotation, compressors, blowers or chemical injection would be an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge / competency in either Electrical or Instrumentation trade
Why Canadian Natural?
CANADIAN NATURAL is a senior independent crude oil and natural gas exploration, development and production company based in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our strong, diversified asset base is comprised of a balanced portfolio of light, synthetic, and heavy crude oil and natural gas. Canadian Natural operates in Canada, the United Kingdom and Offshore Africa.
At Canadian Natural, we strive to live through our mission statement: “To develop people to work together to create value for the Company’s shareholders by doing it right with fun and integrity.” We are committed to a long-term presence in the communities where we operate. Our activities create value by providing employment, business development opportunities, revenues to governments that contribute to spending on goods and services, and essential resources for public services, including health, safety, education and training.
Over the last 30 years, we have grown from a Company with nine employees to over 10,000 employees. We have increased our production from approximately 400 BOE/d in 1989 to more than one million BOE/d today.
Safety is a core value at Canadian Natural. We conduct all of our operations in a way that identifies, minimizes and mitigates harm to the health and safety of employees, contractors, the public and the environment.
Canadian Natural Resources Limited – “Canadian Natural’ – is a publicly traded company on the TSX and NYSE as CNQ.
Application deadline is September 23, 2021. Apply now!
To apply for this job please visit cnrl.taleo.net.