Lead Inspection Coordinator
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
You work with vendors to meet shared objectives as per company requirements and in line with the local and international regulations. You interface with internal and external third-parties involved in expediting, inspection, logistics and material control activities (ie: agencies, freight forwarders, customs or other officials).
- You will attend all Kick Off meetings relevant to your scope, perform the Pre-Inspection meetings and attend if necessary the W/H points at vendor’s premises.
- You will review and be responsible for the ITP vendor documentation and guide the process so that we ensure compliance with the company’s specifications and client requirements.
- Generate and maintain a Vendor Inspection Plan (VIP) with NADIA for assigned projects.
- ensure that key issues arising from Inspection visits are brought to the immediate attention of the Package Manager, Package Engineer and the Project Procurement Manager;
- ensure that Project protocol for issue of Inspection Release Certificates, Inspection Waivers and Issue of Punch lists is implemented;
- monitor and report through the role of the Field Inspectors that 3rd Party and Class Inspection requirements are identified within Suppliers ITPs, implemented through P.O. Execution and are completed at the time of issue of Inspection Release Certificates;
- evaluate candidates and supporting documentation of technically competent field inspection personnel;
- ensure all inspectors assigned to the inspection activities are fully familiar with the requirements of the project’s procedures;
- receive and review inspection reports from the Field Inspectors, ensuring that Inspection Reports, Non-Conformance Reports, Inspection Release Notes and Punch-List/Outstanding Work Lists are issued to the Project;
- participate in the set up of package inspection levels and Inspection Matrix , to log inspection data in NADIA with the help of Inspection Assistants, to liaise with the Certifying Authority and Client for their involvement in the inspection process;
- coordinate and liaise with engineering, construction, client and CA representatives and ensure adequate attendance during pre-fabrication, pre-inspection meetings with selected suppliers and during intermediate inspections and/or FAT, as per project requirements;
- Monitor HSSE issues and act upon if needed
Education & Experience
Qualified candidates should possess a Bachelor’s degree from a University, Engineering, or Commercial School and have 7+ years of previous inspection coordination experience. Must have good knowledge of Oil&Gas industry quality standards, Inspection test requirements for complex equipment. Periodic travel for customer and vendor contacts or for site support may be required.
Furthermore you are or you have:
- 5+ years of experience in the oil&gas industry handling complex packages (Gas Compressors, Gas Turbines, Process modules…)
- Experience as field inspector is a plus
- Qualifications in NACE, NDT, ComEx(EX) are a plus
- Strong understanding of quality documentation (ITPs, technical specifications, FAT procedures, Manufacturing processes, Quality assurance plans…
- a self- starter who possesses good interpersonal and organizational skills;
- great Time Management skills;
- Leadership skills and proactive behavior;
- Flexible and adaptable to react to operational changes;
- Willingness to travel;
- Fluent in English (both written and verbally).
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.