Lead Marine Engineer
Position reports to: Hull Engineering Manager or Delegate
- Support the marine systems’ start-up and operation for a large and complex deepwater FPSO project in a safe, efficient, cost effective and timely manner. The FPSO is self-propelled and has a disconnectable turret.
- Ensure the project conforms to the customer’s requirements and all applicable regulatory and code requirements.
- Lead the marine activities during installation and support offshore commissioning and operation.
- Address marine system related queries and technical clarification questions from operations and vendors.
- Assist trouble-shooting during construction, mechanical completion, pre-commissioning and commissioning through to start-up including operations.
- Drive progress of the marine scope and ensure the equipment delivered meets the project requirements such as functional specifications, operability, reliability and availability.
- Scope, review and approve aspects of work including both in-house and Contractor prepared studies and engineering.
- Review Contractor’s documentation during the execution of design, procurement and fabrication/construction activities, ensuring the quality of the work is in accordance to the contract requirements.
- Ensure the equipment is installed correctly via creation/review of thorough installation and pre-commissioning procedures and that interfaces with all project team personnel are properly and effectively managed.
- Provide engineering inputs in technical reviews to ensure technical integrity, efficiency, and safety of facilities.
- Conduct inspections, factory acceptance tests, and on site acceptance tests as required.
- Ensure that all work is done in a manner consistent with Company’s guidelines and policies.
- Manage interfaces with other EPC contracts, and the project Topsides, Hull and Subsea Team including implementation of required technical assurance on own scope.
- Previous technical, practical and leadership experience in deepwater FPSO projects.
- Previous experience in design and delivery of disconnectable turret mooring systems for FPSOs.
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Degree in Engineering
- Minimum 15 years’ experience in offshore oil and gas industry with a focus on FPSOs.
- Must be able to work in India or obtain visa.
- Technical Professional with broad and deep knowledge of deepwater FPSO design, fabrication, installation, pre-commissioning and commissioning and should have played a key role in the delivery of at least one major deepwater FPSO project involving a disconnectable turret mooring system design and installation.
Qualifications and Experience Required (continued)
- Able to work within and interface with mixed teams of professionals located globally.
- Have excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Team player, self-motivated, with coaching skills, persistence, and with ability to think outside- the-box.
- Visibly demonstrates personal and company HSE commitment.
- Demonstrates capability to proactively implement plans and follow through with sustained execution, meeting project milestones.
- Able to maintain composure under pressure while providing clear and decisive leadership
- Able to deal with multiple, often conflicting, goals and priorities.
- Must have strong management and leadership skills and also be capable of easily and productively working in a multi-cultural team environment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.airswift.com.