NES Fircroft are working with a multi-discipline engineering design consultancy who are looking for a Lead Mechanical / Mechanical Package Engineer to be based at their office in Teesside.
Our client is a leading provider of multi-discipline engineering design services and are now into their fourth decade of successfully delivering engineering projects throughout the world.
The Lead Mechanical Engineer will be required to lead and manage a Design Team responsible for the production of technical documentation to high professional standards within challenging programmes and budgets.
- Supervise and allocate work to engineers and designers
- Deliver the engineering scope to design budgets and programmes
- Co-ordinate/liaise with other Engineering disciplines/client/package vendors
- Prepare, check and/or approve design calculations, specifications, data sheets,reports, scope of work and drawings to International Standards and Codes of Practice
- Monitor work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and client standards
- Design input to 3D model
- Prepare Technical Analysis of proposals provided by equipment manufacturers and contractors
- Interpret vendor and other discipline drawings/information
- Attend and participate in risk reviews, planning reviews and model reviews.
- Identify and raise scope changes
- Comply with Company Quality Manager Systems
- Report to Department Manager and Project Manager
- Other professional duties reasonably required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Additional equivalent Chartered or Incorporated Engineer status preferred.
- Background in Heavy Engineering/Chemical/Petrochemical Industries preferred in relation to Material Handling Plant Layout.
- Experience or knowledge of 3D design software
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.