Join Our Journey
Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Lead Piping Engineer on a permanent basis based in Perth, Australia.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
- Either a Lead Designer on a project or reporting to the Lead Piping Engineer typically on larger projects, for feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design or EPC projects.
- Can be technically responsible for all CAD/layout work and allocating supervising and directing preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size, will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
- Supervises, reviews, and checks the layout activities including the preparation of Design Basis, 2D & 3D Plot Plans & Layouts, 3D Modelling and Tie-in Schedule. Identifies and resolves discrepancies and divergences from original proposal/contract by raising technical queries with projects / client.
- Ensures compatibility and conformance with client specifications and recommends cost effective improvements to specifications within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
- Participates in multi-discipline Engineer Design Reviews and provides all necessary metallurgy input and support to close out of actions.
- Consults Quality Assurance with any quality issues ensuring compliance with Petrofac’s ISO Quality procedures, Project Quality Plan and Design Integrity processes and procedures. Co-ordinates Internal and client audit requests and facilitates audit procedures of engineering systems within the department. Complying with other Petrofac accredited frameworks such as ISO 14001.
- Contributes to training and development of other staff including identifying employee strengths and weakness and recommends training and development requirements.
- Degree/ONC/HNC Mechanical Engineering.
- Significant related experience working for Engineering/Client organisations in the Oil, Gas, Energy or industrial gases Industries.
- Proven experience in concept/FEED/EPC projects.
- Strong understanding and experience, preferably hands on, of 3D design tools (PDMS E3D).
Note: Interested Candidates kindly submit both CV and relevant Qualification documents and Training Certificates when applying for this role.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.
To apply for this job please visit petrofac.referrals.selectminds.com.