We have a current opportunity for a Lead Piping & Valves Engineer on a contract basis. The position will be based in Milan.
Fantastic long-term contract position on a major LNG project.
Candidates must have
- Good understanding of the design and operation of Piping and Valves on a large-scale LNG plant. Strong knowledge of Stress analysis and Vibration assessments.
- Specific experience in the design and selection of Cryogenic components, including Valves/ Actuators, HIPPS and Vessel / Heat Exchanger interfaces
- the current papers to work in the EU
- Assure the Piping & Valves discipline issuance, review, and approval of around 2,000 technical documents.
- Ensure all Project HSE requirements are adhered to and implemented. Ensure HSE is emphasized throughout all Mechanical design activities. Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
- Perform the review of detailed engineering works related to, but not necessarily limited to, Piping, Layout, Valves (deliverables both from the Contractor and the Vendors) in compliance with Project Scope of Work, Specifications and Procedures, discipline requirements and international codes.
- Perform or supervise the review of piping stress and vibrations studies.
- Identify any deviation from the Project Basis of Requirements and reporting these to the Lead Piping & Valves Engineer.
- Offer technical support to the replies to Contractor and Vendors clarifications and derogations requests
For further information about this position please apply.
Our role in supporting diversity and inclusion
As an international workforce business, we are committed to sourcing personnel that reflects the diversity and values of our client base but also that of Orion Group. We welcome the wide range of experiences and viewpoints that potential workers bring to our business and our clients, including those based on nationality, gender, culture, educational and professional backgrounds, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, and age differences, job classification and religion. In our inclusive workplace, regardless of your employment status as staff or contract, everyone is assured the right of equitable, fair and respectful treatment.
To apply for this job please visit www.orionjobs.com.