We’re 20,000 colleagues in more than 30 countries delivering oil, gas, wind and solar power to 170 million people worldwide. Taking on tough energy challenges is our job. Right now, we’re facing an enormous task: supplying the world with the energy it needs, while lowering emissions.
We’re up for the challenge. Are you?
Power Portfolio & Market has the responsibility of the commercialization of production from renewable projects and for developing active portfolio management of Equinor’s power exposure.
As part of Power Portfolio & Market, the Portfolio Management (PM) team is a new and growing unit, which is responsible for building and actively managing the Equinor power portfolio – ultimately including all relevant power exposure in Equinor. PM is accountable for the power portfolio profit and loss, and responsible for advising on Equinor’s asset portfolio (investments/divestments), as well as business area and cluster strategies. The key areas of focus are mid- to long- term PPA market, including green attributes, hedging strategies and financial optimization.
By joining our team in Portfolio Management, you will have the opportunity to:
- Manage and optimize the power portfolio through our origination and trading units, and be responsible for the financial performance of activity.
- Develop best-in-class methodologies and tools for pricing and portfolio management.
- Present business cases and opportunities to senior management and seek approval for new value creation opportunities.
- Shape and develop the unit strategy and focus areas.
- Advise on Equinor’s power asset portfolio at a strategic level.
- Support key stakeholders in the Renewables business development unit.
- Coach, support and train team members.
Some qualities are essential for Equinor. You identify with our values, open, collaborative, courageous and caring, which guide our decisions and help us succeed and grow. You make safety your priority and contribute to our zero-harm culture.
For this position, we are also looking for:
- Strong experience working in power portfolio management, with deep insight and experience in:
- Price formation in European power markets.
- Asset backed trading and risk management for power products.
- Quantitative modelling and analyses.
- Financial structuring and negotiation skills.
- Programming experience, ideally using Python.
- Deep knowledge of energy/power trading and/or origination.
- Experience in working with the Polish market or Polish language skills would be beneficial but are not essential.
- A team player with strong communication and cross-cultural skills; who is motivated to support the development of a growing team.
- Relevant educational background within Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or similar.
Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or a Scandinavian language. Applications submitted without necessary attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process. All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law.
As a UK employer, Equinor has a legal obligation to ensure that candidates have the right to work in the UK. If the right to work in the UK has not been established, the employment or assignment will not commence until the necessary checks have been satisfactorily completed and acceptable evidence provided. Equinor reserves the right to withdraw the offer of employment or assignment in the event that the relevant requirements are not met.
To apply for this job please visit careers.peopleclick.eu.com.