Ref No: 116979
Closing Date: 30 May 2023
OME: Energy Operations
Business Unit: Natref Operations
City / Town: Sasolburg
Org Structure No: 80020097
Short Description / Purpose of Job
Responsible for process engineering delivery on plant support /monitoring /optimisation and studies /investigations /project execution by managing the Process Support team (of up to 4 members) and providing technical lead in the CDU/FCC area. The role is responsible for leading studies and projects whilst establishing techno-economic direction that has both short- and long-term strategic impact within NATREF operations.
Recruitment Description/ Key Accountabilites
- Responsible for groups process engineering plant support deliverables to define and maintain the critical operating envelope parameters for each plant plus monitor and correct deviations from optimal plant performance in collaboration with production management. Within the group each plant operating within its operating envelope assures safe, reliable and sustainable operations and optimal performance within the value chain.
- Drive the groups high performance culture with emphasis on delivery and results, by building self-directed, motivated and engaged team, supported by world class systems aimed at improving the group’s effectiveness and efficiency.
- Responsible for identifying, prioritizing and planning (including scheduling and resource loading) of all the groups plant support process engineering activities.
- Responsible for compiling and sign-off of the group prioritization list for all the studies and projects as defined on the agreed upon signed off shareholder studies priorities list.
- Provide expertise and guidance to deliver short term as well as medium term solutions to the existing and new technical issues.
- Responsible for development and implementation of plant monitoring systems capable to proactively identify potential deviations and risks to production volumes, product quality and equipment integrity.
- Accountable for development, implementation and successful outcome of plans to eliminate identified risks and preserve the combined shareholder production plan.
- Responsible for the groups ensuring technically robust process engineering deliverables during the front-end engineering design phase of projects as well as ensuring seamless back integration into existing refinery assets.
- Define the group’s current plant performance baseline and targets for improvements in terms of volumes, quality and units costs. Responsible for compliance to the targets and meeting the improvement targets.
- Responsible for providing quality process engineering input to projects and ensuring process engineering governance is followed.
- Responsible for implementation and management of the group’s performance contracts, personal development plans, training requirements and succession planning for personnel under supervision.
- Responsible for implementation and quality of the group reporting as required. E.g. Month end reports, techno-economic memos, study/ test run/ RCA/ investigation reports.
- Sign-off on the groups operating envelopes and any other technical documentation including critical parameters, operating windows, technical drivers, mass and energy balances, P&IDs, operating/training manuals, process simulations, unit operating and design manuals, etc.
- Maintaining effective collaboration with NATREF internal teams and external service providers and vendors.
- Drive the group’s shutdown and T&I process inspections and repair scoping, catalyst systems change out/regeneration and start up/stabilization support.
- Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and precision of all units LP models via test run verification, unit model updates and evaluations resulting in continuous improvement and fine tuning of the Business LP model used in the planning, optimisation and determination of Business Unit profitability via the Shareholders.
- Manage the group in providing input into, drive and support Process Safety Management studies, initiatives and defined compliance plans.
- Responsible for defining and managing all unit Process Safety Information.
- Development of Catalyst and Chemical strategies and implementation thereof.
Formal Education and Minimum Experience
Minimum qualifications: B.sc/B.Eng with appropriate Petrochemical Refining experience in Chemical Engineering
Mining 8 years overall process Engineering experience
Proven track of good performance validated with references.
- Master’s in Chemical Engineering, Petrochemical Refining, Project Management, Engineering Management, Business Administration or any other formal qualifications.
- Managerial experience: Managing a team minimum 0-3 years
- Experience in Petrochemical refining
Certification & Professional Membership
PR Eng (wish)
Leadership Behavioural Competencies
- Decisiveness, ability to take decisions in complex domain within limited time
- Teamwork, ability to work effectively with people across different backgrounds, races, religions
- Drives accountability and high performance culture
- Negotiation skills
- Nurtures and coaches
- Result oriented
- Builds partnerships
- Knowledge of relevant technical procedures, specifications and legal frameworks Expert
- Knowledge of relevant technologies, process engineering design and standards Expert
- Forward thinking, ability to consider consequences of decisions in long term Expert
- Conflict resolution Expert
- Problem solving Expert
- Planning Expert
- Implementing technical solutions Expert
- Making professional technical recommendations Expert
- Conceptualising Engineering solutions Advanced
- Risk analysis, management, risk aversion Expert
- System/Process optimisation Advanced
- Understanding and application of Total Cost of Ownership Advanced
- Conceptual, basic and detailed engineering experience. Advanced
- Balancing financial, operational and technical requirements Proficient
Sasol is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Inspired by our Purpose of “Innovating for a better world”, Sasol acknowledges that diversity is intrinsic to the fabric of our organisation and is the key to our growth and success. Sasol is committed to the full inclusion of all suitably qualified individuals. Preference will be given to applicants from designated groups and people with disabilities according to Sasol’s Employment Equity Plan. This includes reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
To apply for this job please visit career5.successfactors.eu.
Be the first to comment