Lead Subsea Controls Systems Engineer
Are you passionate about providing complex technical solutions?
Do you relish the prospect of working with cutting-edge energy products?
Join our innovating Engineering team
We devise smarter systems to control and monitor oil and gas extraction. Innovating in the energy industry, our subsea and surface pressure capabilities are industry-leading.
Partner with the best
Bringing the most cutting-edge physical and digital technologies together to create oilfield equipment is the beating heart of our work. Devising smarter systems that control and monitor oil and gas extraction, our subsea and flexible pipe capabilities are industry-leading and commercially innovative.
As a Lead Subsea Controls Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Technical focal point on all aspects of the onshore and offshore operations related to Subsea Production Systems.
- Develop inspection, maintenance and repair procedures/routings for LOFS equipment’s and tooling
- Be part of workshop team to carryout inspection, maintenance and repair services for LOFS equipment’s and tooling
- Liaise with the Offshore Services Department for allocation of Service personnel for offshore activities.
- Assist in defining and controlling adequate spares stock levels both onshore and offshore.
- Produce activity forecasts for operations and update customer specific reports.
- Ensuring all relevant tracking spreadsheets for equipment/tooling are accurate and updated on a regular basis.
- Assist in the development and training of FSE through sharing knowledge/ experience and through classroom related training sessions both formal and informal (using generic training Materials, slides and presentations etc.).
- Participate in pre-job briefings and post-job de-briefings with Field Service Manager and Field Service Engineers.
- Attend rig morning calls.
- Participate in “lessons learned” project review meetings.
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree or Equivalent.10+ years of experience in Subsea Controls System
- Flexible to work additional days/hours where required and takes full Ownership and Accountability for the work assigned.
- Subsea Offshore experience preferred.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours – flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive. It will be a 6 day working in a week
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let’s come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
To apply for this job please visit careers.bakerhughes.com.