NES Fircroft are working on behalf of a global power technology business with a presence in over 90 countries. This business offer products, systems & software solutions to the global energy industry and have been leaders in innovation for over a century.
With a customer-base across multiple industries including Energy, Utilities, Industrial and Transportation and almost 40,000 employees, they are committed to providing access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy globally.
As Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for providing expert legal advice and counsel to the UK business, across a broad range of topics for high value projects and tenders within the renewable energy and infrastructure industry.
This will include identifying any legal issues of concern, whilst proactively developing effective legal strategies, mitigation and practical solutions, ensuring full compliance with group directives as well as local statutory provisions.
- Contributes to the review of Request for Quotations and input to Pre-Qualification Questionnaire, tender preparation, risks identification, negotiations of contracts, framework agreements, partnerships, settlements, etc. all in coordination with key internal stakeholders.
- Supports contract managers and project teams during project execution including claims to and from customers and subcontractors.
- Promotes dispute avoidance and manages disputes and litigations liaising, where necessary, with external law firms.
- Ensure good corporate governance in assigned area of accountability, support on regulatory and anti-trust issues, support implementation of the Code of Conduct and assist with investigation and resolution of integrity-related issues.
- Contributes to the development of Group directives/instructions based on local legislation, assist with implementation of legal and integrity directives/instructions.
- Manage and liaise with, external service providers, including external legal counsel.
- Provide legal training and awareness, including training on contract negotiation and integrity, for employees in the business.
- Actively contributes to the development and improvement of processes impacting the legal team.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a qualified solicitor to gain experience within a rapidly expanding market that will contribute to the UK government achieving net zero emissions targets over the next decade. You will also have the following skills and experience:
- 5+ years of experience relating to major construction/ engineering projects in the U.K. and Europe with a successful track record of handling complex international corporate and commercial transactions as well as significant claims and litigations.
- Legal practice certificate for England & Wales or similar common law jurisdiction.
- Demonstrable negotiating skills and expertise in drafting contractual and settlement agreements.
- Business-minded and solution oriented. Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills including team spirit as well as the ability to influence at all levels.
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken. Fluency in an additional European language would be advantageous.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.
To apply for this job please visit www.nesfircroft.com.