Overview of Global LNG team at ConocoPhillips
ConocoPhillips’ global portfolio of LNG assets includes ownership in multiple LNG JV projects, term sales, offtake commitments and access to regasification capacities.
The Global LNG team is tasked to optimize our global equity LNG portfolio and support Joint Venture projects. Our core activities include developing new markets to support current and future LNG developments, sourcing LNG supplies, originating receiving terminal access and term sales, trading short term and spot cargos. We also market excess volumes for our JVs, provide commercial support as well as second senior staff into those JVs. In addition, the team also provides LNG related decision support to our corporate headquarter in Houston and global business units involved in the LNG value chain.
Based in Singapore, the LNG Trader will work closely with global teams from London and Houston desks to grow our LNG trading capabilities and market presence. The successful candidate will initially focus on contracts, systems and processes with trading activities gradually ramping up in line with our growing LNG portfolio.
- stay abreast of the global LNG market with emphasis on the near-term market developments
- proactively formulate, advocate and execute sensible physical and financial trading strategies based on sound judgement and justified recommendations, optimize across multiple commodities exchanges and time zones (mainly European and Asia time zones) to monetize asset value and capture market upsides
- develop and execute successful negotiation strategies for closing spot and termed profitable LNG deals for the organization
- maintain and verify accurate trade entries, monitor profit and loss, and prepare market reports
- manage risk limits and ensure all trading activities are in compliance with internal risk governance policies/procedures and trade reporting requirements
- optimize assets/contracts and resolve exceptions post transaction
- direct transaction support including approvals/legal/compliance/credit/treasury/operations
- help maintain and improve a suite of contractual agreements as the industry evolves
- help implement and continuously improve trade support and risk management systems and processes
- cultivate and enhance counter-party relationships in order to expand company’s market presence and increase trading potential
- leverage industry knowledge and relationship to support global LNG’s long-term strategy in market and project development
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline (e.g. engineering and numerate degrees in science, economics, finance or business)
- High level of competency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical skills, able to build and operate financial models
- Team player with a collaborative and inclusive mindset
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable dealing with fluid commercial situations, staying agile, resolving conflicts professionally, and working with a very international setting
- Take initiatives and pay attention to details
- Willingness to travel as required
- Complete fluency in English (both written and spoken is required); other language(s) would be an advantage
Preferred Skill and Experience
- Advanced degree in a related discipline
- Previous physical LNG trading experience with proven results and specific exposures in the full LNG trading cycle and value chain
- Strong knowledge of the LNG market, market development, relationship management, derivative hedging, portfolio optimization, ship charter/operations, portfolio risk management and option pricing
- Established relationship with relevant counterparties in the LNG industry
- Experience of working with Commodity/Energy Trading and Risk Management (C/ETRM) systems to represent intricate commodity positions.
To apply for this job please visit careers.conocophillips.com.
Be the first to comment