1. Location: Afungi Mozambique, 28d/28d
2. Start Date: MARCH for 12 months renewable
3. Project: Moz LNG
The position will oversee in Afungi all marine transportation managed by TEPMA1, Reception and dispatch of the cargo to various end user.
Coordination of the Backlog voyage from preparation of the Manifest to coordination for cargo loading.
3 or 4 vessels movement per week in Afungi.
Between 60 to 80 Trucks or truck equivalent to manage in Afungi on weekly basis
- As Logistics Department in Afungi, he is in permanent contact with Operations Logistics, Methods Logistics and Pemba Logistics Manager for the coordination of Vessel movement and cargo manifest.
- Organizes and coordinates all vessels movements coming into Afungi and Cargo operations on the various quayside based on the manifests, loading plans, and priorities.
- Maintains a permanent contact with the different entities in Afungi (Construction Team, Security, ASI, SED, IT, etc…) and identifies needs, priorities, emergencies to coordinate with them the loading/unloading operations of vessel in respect Planning.
- Ensures that vessels are unloaded and loaded in a professional and safe manner without useless stand by to optimize the means.
- Liaise with Logistics Operation Manager to manage any disruption in vessel plan to promptly so as to recover the system and restore logistics control in support of the operation.
- Makes sure that all material/equipment transported by vessels is distributed on the site according to the manifests established by Pemba.
- Ensures that the backload equipment/material for Pemba on the vessels is correctly recorded and manifested in order to have a perfect traceability on arrival in Pemba.
- On a daily basis and in coordination with Maputo and Pemba Logistics, plans the vessel movements to meet up with the operation requests
- Monitors and Keeps a record of all Vessels log and downtime while in Afungi Bay
- Focal person for reception and distribution of the GO (Diesel) Road Tanker to the various storage facilities.
- Focal Person for the reception of diesel Supply Tanker, he plans for the offloading of the cargo to meet up with the deadline in order not to incur any demurrage for the company.
- Control and follow up daily, logistics processes of shipments materials and equipment internationally and locally ensuring application of defined procedures and legal/ethical requirements, and that are delivered within deadlines.
- Coordinating timely and efficiently with Maritime agents, Clearing Agents, Contractor’s agents and Tepma1 Reps of Tepma1 chartered vessels for Interacting with all Tepma1 Logistics organization within SA and Mozambique for adequate and effective materials movements until final destination,
- Coordinating with Tepma1 Customs Operations Departments (COD) all required actions to be taken and assisting Tepma1 COD by guiding shippers, freight forwarders and contractors to apply the Tepma1 Customs procedures,
- Prepares and send a Daily Logistics Report to Logistics Operations manager in Maputo,
- Develop and maintain materials movement records – shipments status updates.
- Participate to all Pre-job meeting, Safety committee on site as Logistics representative,
- As Logistics representative in Afungi, he ensure implementation and application of the Company Rules and Logistic procedures,
- Participate, update and improve the logistics procedures according to the identified needs in Afungi
- Accountable for Safe and efficient vessel and cargo operation at Afungi
- Accountable for dispatching and safe delivery of cargo to end user in in timely manner
- Accountable to organize backlog cargo transportation to Pemba to minimize TEPMA1 cost (demurrage, rental)
- Minimum of three (5) year’s relevant logistics and administrative experience within the oil and gas industry,
- Experience with material handling & material organization support to a large group in a multi-national project,
- Demonstrated ability to perform as a key support of a high performing work team in a multi-cultural environment, Ability to handle many complex issues concurrently and to work with minimum supervision
- Good knowledge of marine cargo operation and marine operation
- Good knowledge of English as well as Microsoft office especially MS word, MS excel and SAP,
To apply for this job please visit www.airswift.com.