Contribute. Grow. Lead…with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda – key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem’s market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2020 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Logistics Supervisor within our Deer Park PVC/KOH Plant located in Deer Park, Texas.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Supervise team of traffic coordinators who are responsible for managing raw material inventory, finished goods inventory, and shipping logistics for the manufacturing facility.
- Assure that raw material and product inventories are in compliance with established minimum-maximum levels and that these materials meet specifications. Work to meet the objectives of the business and logistics leaders to establish raw material needs/usage targets, permissible inventory flexibility, production needs, and shipment targets.
- Understand and enhance existing production, inventory, and shipment management systems.
- Develop monthly production schedule by working with business and manufacturing personnel to ensure that customer and manufacturing plant needs are being met.
- Assist finance and plant personnel in completing monthly close of utilities, raw material inventory, and finished goods inventory.
- Understand and maintain compliance and participate in audits for government and industry standards such as DOT, ISO, NSF, Coast Guard, Kosher, and Finance (GAAP).
- Manage railcar inspections and repair to ensure that railcar inventory remains above acceptable levels.
- Develop and implement specific projects to improve manufacturing cost performance.
- High school diploma or G.E.D. required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in a chemical plant environment
- Must be able to communicate effectively with outside vendors and customers
- Must be able to respond to off hour emergencies.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and good working knowledge of SAP.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status
– United States-Texas-Deer Park
– OXY CHEM
To apply for this job please visit oxy.taleo.net.