TechnipFMC is a global leader in the energy industry, specialized in subsea and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world’s energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 20,000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
- Understands Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) and Export Control Number (ECCN) concepts for equipment, materials and other items; and works with Trade Compliance Department to assist with technical product information/specifications a necessary for proper classification.
- Applies regulatory, judicial, international and/or local Customs’ rules for appropriate duty management on imports (Example: Temporary Import Bonds, Free Trade Agreements, US Goods Returned Claims, Duty Drawback, etc).
- Defines and maintains processes for appropriate recordkeeping for overall Logistics Department import and export operations.
- Conducts internal Trade Compliance audits, risk assessments, and process improvement plans.
- Initiates, coordinates, and leads Trade Compliance initiatives to include cross functional training.
- Engages with Trade Compliance Department to understand changing product lines and business models and supports implementation of corresponding processes to ensure compliance with applicable export and import requirements.
- Provides guidance to employees concerning the requirements and obligations of proper and complaint import and export transactions.
- Liaises with Customs Broker and leads performance reviews and process improvement initiatives associated to Customs processes.
- Participates in a variety of projects supporting the broader Compliance Team and Logistics goals and objectives.
- Coordinates import and export shipments for assigned projects, monitoring budgeted cost vs. project execution.
- Defines methods and means of transportation in agreement with Project Team for assigned projects.
- Plans and revises shipping strategies.
- Prepares and issues import-export documentation.
- Defines and assigns freight forwarding agents and services for assigned projects.
- Contacts suppliers and coordinates pick-up operations, based on loading/shipping plans for each shipment.
- Additional duties based on business needs.
- Technical diploma, Bachelor’s diploma or relevant degree/ diploma
- 5 to 7 years of Logistics and Trade Compliance experience
- Must have strong experience in import-export operations and understanding and command of U.S. Harmonized Tariff Schedule, GRIs, Explanatory Notes, CROSS, EAR, Commerce Control List, Country List, ECCN
- Must possess strong organizational, team and communication skills to work independently and take initiative to address issues
- Ability to determine potential export licensing requirements based on ECCN/country list
- Familiarity with US Schedule B
- Experience with and understanding of: FTAs, FTZ, TIB, USGR, Section 232/301, Customs Valuation, Duty Drawback, Reconciliation, Country of Origin Marking, Country of Origin Determination
- Must be word, PDF Adobe and excel proficient (including creating/running formulas)
- Must have strong critical thinking skills to apply proper rigor to decisions, including when to seek third-party review or guidance
- Prior experience in the oil/gas industry is preferred
- SAP experience is preferred
- Customs Broker License is a plus
- Potential career path
- Global mobility opportunities
- Training and development
- Diverse and international team
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
“As an equal opportunity employer TechnipFMC considers only qualified applicants without regard to age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, national origin, veteran, marital status or any other plurality.”
To apply for this job please visit technip.referrals.selectminds.com.